Honored Contributor

Southwest admitting it could've done more is a class act. They didn't do anything wrong...but they took the high road. Love Southwest....that airline would apologize for not flying straight if someone challenged them.

Honored Contributor

Maybe the daughter should have visited her mom instead. Otherwise, I would hire a caregiver to accompany my mom, if financially possible. Otherwise, I wouldn't let my elderly mom fly alone, just in case of a medical emergency, someone would be with her to explain any ailments/physical problems, medications, etc. to emergency personnel. But, that's just me.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Respected Contributor

Unless it's an emergency, who would let their elderly, invalid mother fly alone?

Honored Contributor

Yes, Muttmom. ITA .... I, as a daughter, would be extremely stressed and worried. Hence, no way.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Honored Contributor
On 8/26/2014 muttmom said:

Unless it's an emergency, who would let their elderly, invalid mother fly alone?

If something would have happened to that woman, the daughter would have sued so fast
Honored Contributor

Who helps elderly/senior folks who have to use the bathroom during the flight? Hence, a caregiver.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

p.s. I must say that I feel sorry for the mom, sitting there all day long. No food, water, bathroom, etc. OMGosh. . . . .

Honored Contributor

One would think security/security cameras would have noticed the dear mom sitting there all day long. I blame both of the daughters AND the security folks.

Honored Contributor
American Airlines has a Concierge program for elderly fliers. I don't know what the fee is. But there is somebody who assists the passengers getting on the flight and arrivals. The daughter should have handled this completely differently.
Respected Contributor

What a rotten thing for that skycap to do! Whether the daughter should have gotten clearance or not, he accepted the responsibility. If he couldn't get her on the plane he should have made some sort of arrangement for her.

Disgusting!