Esteemed Contributor

Re: Another 90+ degree day. Counting down to autumn.

@MickD

Awww, sorry to hear about your rash.

Have you tried something like Desitin for diaper rash?

Any kind of rash in the summer is brutal. 

Honored Contributor

@QVCkitty1 wrote:

I'm so over this constant hot weather, it makes me cranky and miserable. 90 degrees every $&?!  Day, and no rain.

We've had the 90's and then it rained and fogged up all my windows.

Open the door in the morning and you feel like you're being slapped in the face by a wet blanket.

Cat Tongue

Honored Contributor

@Witchy Woman - I have been using baby powder....need to go to gold bond!  Medic!

Where have you gone, Joe DiMaggio? A nation turns its lonely eyes to you.... ~ S & G
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

The ocean is across the road and we have a lap pool built into the deck, but still I hate hot weather.

When I was teaching, summer was my favorite season. (hmmm)

And so far our (Jersey) tomatoes are not all that flavorful.

Honored Contributor

Generally, unless it is actually raining or snowing, the humidity is in the teens.  I can handle that - well, unless it is hot.  

I've been in Las Vegas in the summer and - oh my goodness!  Every time you walk out of a building it really does feel like you are going into the oven.  Dry, for sure.  But just way too hot - well over 100 in summer.

Up here, were are considered 'high desert' so we always had winters, snow, and not so much hot - well, until about the last 10 years when it has really been changing drastically.  If we have one decent snow in a winter, that's something now.  Used to be, we had butt-deep snow for half the winter.  I sure miss it!

Esteemed Contributor

I hate summer....!!!

Respected Contributor

I don't like the extreme heat, but then I think about the people who have to work outside in this heat.  Ugh!

Respected Contributor

@Witchy Woman .... I totally agree!  Hate the heat and humidity...in fact, I dislike summer completely!  Give me cool, comfortable fall and even winter, if it's not extremely (brutally) cold.   Nothing wrong with putting a log or two in the fireplace, with a cup of something warm and delicious on a cool fall or winter night.  Ahhhh, I'm longing for that right now!!!

Cinderella is proof that a new pair of shoes can change your life!
Respected Contributor

@MickD wrote:

it is unbearably hot in SoCal.  I have heat rash....cannot get rid of it....arghhhh! It was not this hot when we moved here ten years ago.  I remember the days when I would wear a turtleneck in the winter months....not anymore.  Just unbearable.  Thank gawd for AC!

It might not be simple heat rash.  Have you tried using tinactin (or store brand) powdered athletes foot spray?  It's easy to get a fungal infection going in areas that easily get and stay moist.

Respected Contributor

@QueenDanceALot and @AKgirl2 - another Long Islander here.  Born and raised just 9 miles from Jones Beach.  Loved the beach all year round.  Of course no crowds off season.