Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Re: Another 90+ degree day. Counting down to autumn.

I love summer!

I don't like when the dew point is above 70, but I can handle humidity pretty well. 

It's true, the sun is not your friend, but we're probably ALL at the age that what done is done.  It goes way way way back--the issues.

I love rain, and we're lucky that it's never really an issue--I couldn't handle a rainy season or monsoons, nor could I handle drought--even worse tbh.

I'm lucky that I'm warm pretty much all year, my parents hated the cold and moved us away from it long ago.

So I don't mind the heat, I don't mind cold weather, but I wouldn't tolerate brutal cold weather all winter long.  No way.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Well, not to continue the whining (on my part), but we are headed into a weekend of 100 degrees.

I've enjoyed reading everyone's take on summer (and winter) and I wish I felt the same way.  Yes, I enjoy sitting out on balmy evenings, but the darn bugs are drawn to me like a magnet (and I've got two one-acre Dynatraps working).

They are working, but the wet spring has caused a mosquito boom.  Sigh.

I was born the end of October, so I feel that started my affinity for cooler weather.

The countdown continues.

Respected Contributor

Oh my goodness...don't even mention autumn! I live in Northern Wisconsin. We have such a short summer up here. I hate to think that it is getting toward August. Last summer we only hit 80 degrees once. This summer we are hitting 90. The humidity is a killer around here, but still the winters are so long and wicked. I have to say that autumn is gorgeous around here...lots of color. Image result for image of a maple leaf

A kind gesture can reach a wound that only compassion can heal. ~~ Steve Maraboli
Honored Contributor

This heat and humidity makes me grumpy. Ugh. No relief in sight. I LOVE fall and winters don't really bother me. 

Honored Contributor

This year has once again been one of the hottest on record.

But its not climate change.

Yeah. Right.

Honored Contributor

I've got a divisional team building thing at Belle Isle tomorrow afternoon. It's going to be 94 with humidity and a real feel temp of 100 degrees.

People.... pray fo me :-)

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Super Contributor

Only 2 months til Autumn! Smiley Happy

Autumn

Trusted Contributor

@MickD wrote:

@Witchy Woman - I have been using baby powder....need to go to gold bond!  Medic!

Hi @MickD,

I am so sorry that you are dealing with heat rash.

I was dealing with it myself last summer, during a hot spell.

It was recommended back then that I get some plain, unscented talcum powder to put on the areas that were affected.

I had our pharmacy order some for me. It's the kind of powder that's recommended for babies for diaper rash and eczema.

It's finely milled and kind of silky, so you can apply it and rub it on gently over your skin.

I'm using it now this summer as a preventative, too.

Respected Contributor

We're under a heat advisory for the next couple of days.

Thank God for air conditioning.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I'm in Ok & it's still hot here. It was 89° but felt like 96° last night at 10 PM. They said on the weather we are in the hot box. It's 97° & feels like 104° right now. Our high is suppose to be 104° so this afternoon it's really going to be hot again. Suppose to be 105° Fri, 104° Sat & 102° Sun. Are temps will finally drop into the high 90's next week.

I was out running errands yesterday & thought I was going to melt. My face was beet red. I jumped in the cold shower when I got finished.

Now it's 103° & feels like 110°. The Thunderbirds are doing a show at the AFB this weekend & a couple just flew in. Wonder what they think about this heat. I know it's a lot hotter out on the flight line at the base.