Honored Contributor

Re: Another 90+ degree day. Counting down to autumn.

@circles wrote:

I hate summer....!!!

Oh goodness @circles I am so with you on this and I should be ashamed of myself as my part of the world (western suburbs of Chicago) have been relatively mild compared to what everyone else is experiencing but personally I cannot wait for September . . . Smiley Sad

Honored Contributor

@Witchy Woman wrote:

@Nightowlz

Well, you might not be in He11, but I bet you can see it from where you are!

Goodness, where are you that it's that hot?  AZ?

Seriously, I couldn't make it with those temps.

@Witchy Woman I'm in Ok. Suppose to storm again tonight. That will keep the temps down in the 90's this weekend.

I keep getting alerts on my phone with the excessive heat warning.

Esteemed Contributor

@QVCkitty1 wrote:

I'm so over this constant hot weather, it makes me cranky and miserable. 90 degrees every $&?!  Day, and no rain.

Same here!!

Respected Contributor

@MickD wrote:

it is unbearably hot in SoCal.  I have heat rash....cannot get rid of it....arghhhh! It was not this hot when we moved here ten years ago.  I remember the days when I would wear a turtleneck in the winter months....not anymore.  Just unbearable.  Thank gawd for AC!

@MickD ~ During the summer a couple of years ago I had a red, itchy rash (yeast infection) under the bust area (bra line).  I put hydrogen peroxide on cotton pads and applied for a few minutes, couple of times a day...gone in a couple days!  

Honored Contributor

@AKgirl2 wrote:

@MickD wrote:

it is unbearably hot in SoCal.  I have heat rash....cannot get rid of it....arghhhh! It was not this hot when we moved here ten years ago.  I remember the days when I would wear a turtleneck in the winter months....not anymore.  Just unbearable.  Thank gawd for AC!

@MickD ~ During the summer a couple of years ago I had a red, itchy rash (yeast infection) under the bust area (bra line).  I put hydrogen peroxide on cotton pads and applied for a few minutes, couple of times a day...gone in a couple days!  

Thank you for this tip @AKgirl2. Even though the weather here is thank goodness not nearly as extreme as others are experiencing I have an old house with a very old AC unit so I baby it as much as I can and at night it can get a little shall we say "close" . . . I appreciate the tip and will try it out.

Esteemed Contributor

@lulu2 wrote:

The ocean is across the road and we have a lap pool built into the deck, but still I hate hot weather.

When I was teaching, summer was my favorite season. (hmmm)

And so far our (Jersey) tomatoes are not all that flavorful.

lulu2- I'd be in that pool in a NY minute with my cold beverage.  Floating on my comfy float, of course.

Respected Contributor

@momtochloe wrote:

@AKgirl2 wrote:

@MickD wrote:

Thank you for this tip @AKgirl2. Even though the weather here is thank goodness not nearly as extreme as others are experiencing I have an old house with a very old AC unit so I baby it as much as I can and at night it can get a little shall we say "close" . . . I appreciate the tip and will try it out.

@momtochloe ~ welcomeSmiley Happy  it stopped the itching immediately and rash dissipated within 24hrs.  Hope it works for you too!  

Honored Contributor

@AKgirl2 wrote:

@momtochloe wrote:

@AKgirl2 wrote:

@MickD wrote:

@momtochloe ~ welcomeSmiley Happy  it stopped the itching immediately and rash dissipated within 24hrs.  Hope it works for you too!  

Oh @AKgirl2 from your lips to God's ear as I would so love to alleviate my shall we say symptoms . . . . thank you so much!  Smiley Happy

Trusted Contributor

@Witchy Woman wrote:

I know some people adore summer and the hot weather.

I'm not one of them.  I'm in Maryland and it we are expecting over 10 days in a row above 90.  Can I admit that I just hate it? 

Normally, I try to make the best of any weather, but when it is this hot, I just feel like a dishrag.  I spend some time outside in the early morning, go to the gym, then stay inside most of the day.  So, I really cannot complain.

Truth be told, I hate any weather extreme.  It makes me very anxious for some reason. 

Yes, I know there are bigger things to worry about and, for that, I'm truly sorry.  I just want to heat to go away.  Don't know how folks endure even hotter temps, even when the air i

I agree with you 100% witchy woman .  I hate summer!!   To make matters worse my refrigerator broke and I bought a new one at Sears and was supposed to get it last Wed but received a call saying it won't be coming until the 21st. 

Jessa
Esteemed Contributor

We are in our third week of mid to upper 90's with heat index being in the 100's - so hot - everything gets done as earlier as possible in the morning then we are in for the day.