Honored Contributor

Re: Another 90+ degree day. Counting down to autumn.

[ Edited ]

Well if you like the heat step this way. LOL!!!

It's been 100°+ all month with a few 90's. The rest of the month shows a few high 90's unitl Tue & 100°-103° thru the end of July. We have had some 112° with the heat index. The 90's came in with a front & rain last night but that only makes it humid. My AC runs non-stop late in the afternoon/evening if I don't turn it up.

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

@SharkE wrote:

108' in Tx. We've broke a record. Then, it was 105'.

cooling down to the 90's though

------------------------

Southwest here ....have had over 20 extremely dry days of 100 plus degrees and summer is barely half way through!!! Days of 106 to 108 are not fun!!  Swamp coolers are the AC method here and really don't cool well when it is over 100 outside!!  Can't wait for cool weather and some rain!!

Honored Contributor

I'm also not one who enjoys the heat.  In fact, I positively ABHOR it!  

Mid-90s here and all I do is try to stay indoors 99.9% of the time.  If it weren't for picking up puppy potties and feeding/watering the little birdies out there, I would be indoors 100% of the time.

So long until it's over.  Smiley Sad   I miss the old days when we had about 6 months of cold and only 2 weeks of really hot, in August.  Now it's months of hot and the cold is on and off all winter, with half of it being warm and a lot less snow.

Bring on winter and this little chicken will be a very happy bird!!

Esteemed Contributor

@Nightowlz

Well, you might not be in He11, but I bet you can see it from where you are!

Goodness, where are you that it's that hot?  AZ?

Seriously, I couldn't make it with those temps.

Honored Contributor

Not a fan of heat over 80.  We've been fairly lucky so far.  Only a handful of days in the 90's, but they are coming around Wednesday.  Today we're having a cold front, it's only around 72.  It's perfect.

Honored Contributor

I'm so over this constant hot weather, it makes me cranky and miserable. 90 degrees every $&?!  Day, and no rain.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

The ones I feel sorry for, even more than myself, are the ones who have to deal with heat AND high humidity.  At least one thing is taht we generally have extremely low humidity so I can breathe in it for a few minutes.  High humidity with heat, however, it takes me one inhale to get wheezy!

Honored Contributor

it is unbearably hot in SoCal.  I have heat rash....cannot get rid of it....arghhhh! It was not this hot when we moved here ten years ago.  I remember the days when I would wear a turtleneck in the winter months....not anymore.  Just unbearable.  Thank gawd for AC!

Where have you gone, Joe DiMaggio? A nation turns its lonely eyes to you.... ~ S & G
Esteemed Contributor

@Witchy Woman wrote:

@Meowingkitty

I could not deal with that kind of heat.  Yes, I know it's dry.

But it's like a blow torch!

One June we were in Vegas celebrating a friend's birthday.  We took several side trips and one was to the Grand Canyon and Lake Meade.  It was 115 both days.  It was just unreal.  I could hardly function.  My skin and nasal passages took months to recover when we got home.

I do not know how people survive those temps and dry heat.

We don't go out unless we have to. 

Esteemed Contributor

@chickenbutt

Maryland is pretty humid in the summer, but not like it is in the South (from what I've heard).

We've had plenty of rain, so good for the farmers, but it also makes the bugs thrive. 

Between the heat, humidity and the bugs, I'm on lockdown except for a few hours in the morning.