Esteemed Contributor

Another 90+ degree day. Counting down to autumn.

I know some people adore summer and the hot weather.

I'm not one of them.  I'm in Maryland and it we are expecting over 10 days in a row above 90.  Can I admit that I just hate it? 

Normally, I try to make the best of any weather, but when it is this hot, I just feel like a dishrag.  I spend some time outside in the early morning, go to the gym, then stay inside most of the day.  So, I really cannot complain.

Truth be told, I hate any weather extreme.  It makes me very anxious for some reason. 

Yes, I know there are bigger things to worry about and, for that, I'm truly sorry.  I just want to heat to go away.  Don't know how folks endure even hotter temps, even when the air is dry. 

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Another 90+ degree day. Counting down to autumn.

I so agree with you @Witchy Woman.  I have similar weather to you as I'm in Philadelphia.  Every May I say to myself "only 5 months till October"!  

Respected Contributor

I find that the older I get, the less I can tolerate extreme temps either way.  We had over 100 last Sunday & expecting 90s to 100 over the next few days.  While I prefer the summer over the winter - no driving in snow & ice - I actually prefer the autumn when it's still nice out but not too hot.  The one thing that I really, really dislike is the short daylight hours in the winter; too depressing when it's dark so much.

Honored Contributor

I'm in heat wave territory also.  But I keep reminding myself that at least I don't have to shovel anything!

Frequent Contributor

@Witchy Woman wrote:

I know some people adore summer and the hot weather.

I'm not one of them.  I'm in Maryland and it we are expecting over 10 days in a row above 90.  Can I admit that I just hate it? 

Normally, I try to make the best of any weather, but when it is this hot, I just feel like a dishrag.  I spend some time outside in the early morning, go to the gym, then stay inside most of the day.  So, I really cannot complain.

Truth be told, I hate any weather extreme.  It makes me very anxious for some reason. 

Yes, I know there are bigger things to worry about and, for that, I'm truly sorry.  I just want to heat to go away.  Don't know how folks endure even hotter temps, even when the air is dry. 

@Witchy Woman I couldn't agree with you more.  I live just outside of Houston,  TX and its been in the high 90's for weeks, heat index 105 - 108. I hate it too! All my blinds are closed and the AC is working over-time. I always feel depressed this time of year. I can't wait for Fall.

Honored Contributor

@Citrine1

birdiewave.giffrom across the Ben Franklin - South Joisy.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Esteemed Contributor

@hockey mom

Yes, that's it.  I actually feel depressed!  My mind just works overtime worrying about everything, every creature, every terrible thing on the planet!  I don't know what causes it, but that's what happens.

Add to that the terrible world events and I end up feeling just hopeless about the world.  I think it affects how my brain functions!

Honored Contributor

I hear ya.

I hate the high heat and humidity.

I hate the freezing cold.

I need to live in one of those perfect climate places.

So I need to find a rich old guy who will take me there.

Cat Tongue

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I'm with you, it's been 100 and will be for the next week. I can't wait for fall.  I love fall and winter. I hope we get a decent amount of snow this year. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Esteemed Contributor

@QueenDanceALot

Well, it's too late for me to find a rich old guy to take me any place Woman LOL

Good luck to you!

Normally, Maryland is a very moderate climate.  This summer, however, it's just too darn hot.

My deam home is here and I don't want to leave -- not even sure where I would go.  I grew up near St. Louis and it is hot and humid there too. 

I hated it as a child and that never changed.

It just sucks the life out of you.