Esteemed Contributor

I've decided to cut back on purchases here after spending quite a bit last year (been looking at the year end summaries). What do you think you typically spend at qvc in a year?  I did purchase a lot of Louis Delolio clothing and that will be hard to keep away from, but I'll try to resist.  I think I am set for summer clothing anyway.

Honored Contributor

You go first.  What do you spend in a year?

Honored Contributor

I honestly do not keep track. I spend a lot more on HSN and Evine than QVC.  

Yes, I could do with less skin care etc.....but, it gives me joy to try new things. As long as I can pay my bills in full each month....have plenty left over... and save for a rainy day too.....then I guess I am  doing OK.  

Life is  too short  at my age to count every penny.... I will  be wise with my money, but also enjoy spending it too🙂

Trusted Contributor

I've spent $114.00. I'm not crazy about shopping at QVC. I only buy stuff that I cannot find at a lower price elsewhere. The Q doesn't have the best pricing. 

A friend in need is a friend indeed.
Esteemed Contributor

@JBKO wrote:

I've spent $114.00. I'm not crazy about shopping at QVC. I only buy stuff that I cannot find at a lower price elsewhere. The Q doesn't have the best pricing. 

Well that is an all time low.  Good for you.  And you're right about the pricing.  I only buy a few things a year from HSN and never from Evine.  

Honored Contributor

Re: Annual spending on qvc

[ Edited ]

2018 about $325. Mostly tops by SG, D&C and C. Wonder (love that brand) all on sale.  Also sheets which were my most expensive purchase.

So far this year $50.  

Honored Contributor

A lot less then I used to.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Esteemed Contributor

@kaydee50 that is awesome.  I think I will do very well this spring and summer with my cutback, as I don't need anything.  

Lately, my weakness is shoes from Zappos.  

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Annual spending on qvc

[ Edited ]

I have cut back from my highest annual Q spending by about 50%. Trying to cut back on all spending and purchases in every category.

The majority of my purchases are clothes. I do return items immediately if they do not fit well or otherwise look great, so money spent is money well spent. I also use FedEx Return saver. Pay one price for unlimited returns all year. Totally worth it and the drop off location is down the street from my home.

So far this year, besides clothes I have ordered 3 home items, One beauty (Mally TSV), 1 jewelry (Linea rolling bangle) and 1 pair of shoes. All were on clearance except the beauty and bracelet.

The only clothing items I order from the Q must be on Free Shipping days or LTS prices.

Respected Contributor

When I first started shopping here, when gold prices were low and there were many jewelry shows, a lot.  Last year was the first time I only bought one item: A tube of Supersmile.