Respected Contributor

Re: Annoying Little Habits -

@missy1 wrote:

@mstyrion 1 wrote:

@missy1 wrote:

@Susan Louise wrote:

@ECBG wrote:

At the grocery store, the person in front of me unloads their few items while standing in front of their cart.  They pay, take their one bag and walk off.  I can't move up because their empty cart is in front of me!  

@ECBG  I cannot explain why other folks do this, but here is my explaination...

I have to do that everytime I go grocery shopping. I don't like someone putting their stuff on the belt til I am done. Why? Because I got fed up with impatient folks behind me breathing down my neck, snide comments, and dirty looks because they have to wait til I give the clerk all the coupons I have...giving them only one at a time...not the entire handful because they tend to stick together. Many times I will have 30-50+ coupons. There had been more than one ocassion that I would get home and find out that 3-5+ coupons weren't acccounted for on the receipt

I work too hard to organize my coupons to save money and I don't/won't tolerate pushy, rude and ignorant folks. 

You would be annoyed with me. If there is room on the belt, I do unload my items, like most people do. If I saw you with 50+ coupons, I would go to another lane, anyways, I usually use self-checkout.

Me too, Missy. 

If the belt is half empty, I certainly do start unloading my cart. It's the only way to keep the lines moving.  It's a bit selfish to prevent people from getting started unloading their carts until you are finsished giving out multitides of coupons one at a time.

The problem is the poster said they worked to hard for their coupons to be rushed. However, people in line also have things to do. Again, that's why I go to self-checkout.

I don't know how hard you have to work for coupons Woman Very Happy, but I don't see people who are just trying to keep things movings as pushy, rude, or ignorant.  

I try to always think of the person or people behind me and to be sure I move along as fast as I can so not to hold up the line.  It's just plain old consideration IMO.

~Enough is enough~
Honored Contributor

@mstyrion 1 wrote:

@missy1 wrote:

The problem is the poster said they worked to hard for their coupons to be rushed. However, people in line also have things to do. Again, that's why I go to self-checkout.

I don't know how hard you have to work for coupons Woman Very Happy, but I don't see people who are just trying to keep things movings as pushy, rude, or ignorant.  

I try to always think of the person or people behind me and to be sure I move along as fast as I can so not to hold up the line.  It's just plain old consideration IMO.

She said she worked hard to organize her coupons, not work for coupons.

Maybe she just had a bad day recently food shopping.  Cut her some slack.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Respected Contributor

People talking on their cell phones in public.  Wherever did they get the idea that the rest of the world wants to listen in?

Honored Contributor

@Cakers3 wrote:

@mstyrion 1 wrote:

@missy1 wrote:

She said she worked hard to organize her coupons, not work for coupons.

Maybe she just had a bad day recently food shopping.  Cut her some slack.

I didn't  literally mean work.  I meant time it takes to cut them out, file etc.

Super Contributor

The overuse of "like" as in "ya, know, like".

Respected Contributor

People who work in a group atmosphere who aren't team players.  And when they're asked to give in on a small thing to help out one of the team, they run to the boss and complain about how unfair it is.

Valued Contributor

@Bikkie wrote:
People who pay with a check at the grocery store.

That is so ridiculous IMO. MANY people for one reason or the other do not have a credit card or debit card or heaven for bid cash. Many times unexpectedly I have had to make an unexpected trip to buy something, and had to write a check.

Go find businesses that do not accept checks.

bamasec

Trusted Contributor

My boss is always tapping his fingers or rolling them on his desk, all day, constantly! This is very irritating along with the fact he looks away when people are talking to him, like he has no desire to listen and retains no information from anything anyone says. He will literally ask you in less than five minutes everything you have already discussed. He also pecks on the keyboard because he doesn't know how to type.

Let me just say, everything my boss does annoys me except when he is not in the building. The funny thing is that I actually like him as a person.....as a boss, not so much.
Honored Contributor

After reading the others, I feel pretty good about mine.  It bugs me whe people get off an elevator/escalator/stairs and stop to decide which way they'll go while others are piling up and trying to go around them.   I think they should step aside and then decide.

Esteemed Contributor

@bamasec wrote:

@Bikkie wrote:
People who pay with a check at the grocery store.

That is so ridiculous IMO. MANY people for one reason or the other do not have a credit card or debit card or heaven for bid cash. Many times unexpectedly I have had to make an unexpected trip to buy something, and had to write a check.

Go find businesses that do not accept checks.

bamasec

I agree 100 percent.  I write checks all the time at the grocery store.  It takes less then 5 min.  If the person behind me can't wait 3 min for me to write a check, she/he's the one with the problem surely not me.