Trusted Contributor

Re: Annoyed with some bad customer reviews. Are you also annoyed for this reason?

I don't pay much attention to them anymore unless they are universally horrible.  I don't believe people that are pleased with something take the time and trouble nearly as much as the unhappy ones to write reviews.  And the unhappy ones are unhappy about so many different aspects of any product - some not even product related.

Honored Contributor

Re: Annoyed with some bad customer reviews. Are you also annoyed for this reason?

[ Edited ]

I think the problem should be resolved at the source, whatever Department is in charge of reading the reviews before they get posted.  So reviews where someone has not received the item should not be posted on the website! In addition shipping complaints should not be included either, to me thats a separate issue that should be handled by Customer Service.  

Here's what QVC says about reviews:

• Use the product before reviewing it
  • Focus on the product's features and be specific
  • Avoid timely information such as price and promotional details
  • Avoid information about other companies and websites
  • Avoid inappropriate language and attitude
  • Avoid personal information -- we want to protect your privacy!

If you have product suggestions, customer service questions or concerns, please use our email forms, or call 1-800-367-9444.Please note: QVC will not respond to any questions or concerns entered in the review content.

It even says USE THE PRODUCT, and CS issues (shipping complaints should be emailed or called into CS.  

QVC SHOULD FOLLOW WHAT THEY POSTED!

I remember a bad review for an item that complained about shipping I had the item and loved it so I reported that review as in appropriate since the review complained solely about QVC'S shipping and nothing at all about the product.  The review was deleted. Perhaps we should start doing this more on inappropriate reviews so they get removed.  

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

fRe: Annoyed with some bad customer reviews. Are you also annoyed for this reason?

[ Edited ]

Regarding the comment made about tunic length @RetiredATC perhaps that person was tall so the garment was too short, I think that comment is valid but I think Qvc should require sizing info (did you order regular, tall, petite) so one can get a true picture of the review  

I once bought a D&C Sweater Coat and the host and vendor both indicated it would work for petites....and it was hard to judge on the air because the petite model was wearing high heels..........I bought it and that sweater coat was at the floor and no way worked for petites and in my review I stated that it should have come in petite sizes since the host/vendor were wrong about it working for petites and I was the same height as the model...........I think that was an important point regarding sizing! The hosts/vendors do this all the time regarding whether it will work for petites when there is no special petite size on that item...Or the stylist puts the petite model in heels which defeats the purpose of figuring out how it will fit on petites wearing flats or sneakers or low heeled shoes......

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

In addition to QVC not requiring that the product was actually purchased by the reviewer, a fair number of reviews will put their review on a different product (and not always similar!) because their product sold out and is no longer available to review.

Ref. the recent Sugar Belles/Honey Belles situation.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

@ALRATIBA wrote:

No.  I'm not annoyed because I don't bother reading them.

The only place I read reviews is at Amazon.

@ALRATIBA

You better use those Amazon reviews with a grain of salt. I purchased an item that was supposed to be a named brand as the vendor pictured and as he described, and when I got the product it was a cheap knockoff. I wrote a negative review and also filed a complaint with Amazon, and my negative review was deleted and all I said I did not receive the name brand product that had been advertised and included in the product description.....So I would be careful if I was you! 

Honored Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

@shoekitty, I can actually see where that person was coming from with the sheet review.  Maybe she didn't need to rant on like she did but if she ordered Ivory and received a pale yellow, why bother to open them?  Kudos to her for just sending them back and then QVC can resell them.  If you know you hate the color there really is no reason to open the package.

Maybe the host/vendor said the ivory had a yellow tinge and she missed that or maybe they didn't.  But I know it's frustrating to receive an item where the color is misrepresented and you are forced to incur return fees because of it.

I once bought what was supposed to be a red handbag and it was orange.  I mean orange.  There wasn't a thing red about it.  QVC wouldn't reimburse the return s/h over that so I was out the money to send it back.      

@Lipstickdiva

ITA!! This is where a good host/vendor comes in..Sometimes the host will say that the name may not match the color, or the studio lights will make it appear different than it is in person.....Ive heard some host say, this is more of a mauve than a dark red, or this color is more of a light green than olive...THATS A GOOD HOST/VENDOR and they ALL should do this!!!

Honored Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

@ALRATIBA wrote:

No.  I'm not annoyed because I don't bother reading them.

The only place I read reviews is at Amazon.

@ALRATIBA

You better use those Amazon reviews with a grain of salt. I purchased an item that was supposed to be a named brand as the vendor pictured and as he described, and when I got the product it was a cheap knockoff. I wrote a negative review and also filed a complaint with Amazon, and my negative review was deleted and all I said I did not receive the name brand product that had been advertised and included in the product description.....So I would be careful if I was you! 

@Spurt

Thanks for warning.  I've been Amazon customer since 1996 ... so far so good.   

Honored Contributor

I don't like how you can leave a review but haven't even received the item yet. WTH is THAT all about?!

Or 100% reviews and it's the ONLY review someone has ever left.

Or not allowing a negative reivew to post....MULTIPLE times.Kinda shady.....

Honored Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

@shoekitty, I can actually see where that person was coming from with the sheet review.  Maybe she didn't need to rant on like she did but if she ordered Ivory and received a pale yellow, why bother to open them?  Kudos to her for just sending them back and then QVC can resell them.  If you know you hate the color there really is no reason to open the package.

Maybe the host/vendor said the ivory had a yellow tinge and she missed that or maybe they didn't.  But I know it's frustrating to receive an item where the color is misrepresented and you are forced to incur return fees because of it.

I once bought what was supposed to be a red handbag and it was orange.  I mean orange.  There wasn't a thing red about it.  QVC wouldn't reimburse the return s/h over that so I was out the money to send it back.      

@Lipstickdiva

I too  am a fuss budget about colors.  I am known for buying nearly 11 different shades becfore settling on the perfect cream color.  To me, white is not white there are a bazillion shades of white.  I have returned many items without opening by first sight.  Either color or trim is off.  I can also tell many times if an item is totally cheap looking or tacky, without taking it out of the box or bag.  My point is why give an item  1 star review on color alone.  If it were me, I would slip hand in sheet bag and give it a feel.  If it felt nice, I would give 3 star.  Then when I opened my review I would tell readers, I did not open bag, because the cream color was so off, I could not near to use it.  I would describe the color I received and say review is based on color alone.  Then mention I did slip hand in the bag and sheets hand seemed scratchy, or smooth and a nice weight.  Or sheets appeared heavy...whatever.  That would be a fair review.  Color DOES matter., but be fair about stars

personally, I think there should be a neutral star for certain reviews.

Contributor

If I read a review, and the writer admits they haven't purchase the item or the review is actually a complaint about shipping charges, I'll report the review as inappropriate. Hopefully it helps to weed out inaccurate info.