Honored Contributor

Annoyed with AT&T over iPad Sim card activation

I bought a Wi-Fi and cellular my Apple. I tried it with AT&T to get a SIM card. No problem but they neglected to say The Sim card for an iPad needs a phone number attached to it for cellular service. No problem I get online with someone on Friday which is so yes I can do what do you give us five minutes re start and you're good to go. Well it wasn't. Spent 30 minutes online last night no help 

I called this morning again Again no help again no help Finally early this afternoon I got someone on the phone who  solved the problem. They are sending me a new SIM card with a phone number attached

why did it hours of my time and patience to get this solved

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Respected Contributor

Re: Annoyed with AT&T over iPad Sim card activation

I feel your pain. I love all the advances in technology until I need the help desk...

Trusted Contributor

Not meaning to be snarky, but, you might want to re-read your post.

I think I have the gist of what you're saying, but, it's kind of run together and garbled. 

Maybe you were upset when you were typing it? 

Valued Contributor

If one buys an Ipad from their carrier in person there will be no confusion.  

Also, it's not a good idea to buy one from a third party like Best Buy or even Qvc as you might get a customer return.  

Trusted Contributor

Hi, @I am still oxox !

I actually had an iPad with cell service in addition to our 2 iPhones all through ATT.  I revently shut off cell service to the iPad since I mostly connect it on WIFI and, if needed, can use the iPhone as a Hotspot so it gets cell service through the iPhone (rarely).  Just something to consider if your devices and WIFI are compatible with what I described.  It saved me about $40 per month.

Honored Contributor

@SuhseK 

Hi type like a speak its is the way my mind works, I unfortunately can not be clearer.

@SuhseK wrote:

Not meaning to be snarky, but, you might want to re-read your post.

I think I have the gist of what you're saying, but, it's kind of run together and garbled. 

Maybe you were upset when you were typing it? 

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Honored Contributor

@MJDinVegas 

If I were to do that not sure I would of needed the cellular service at all, I do not always have my phone near the i pad

@MJDinVegas wrote:

Hi, @I am still oxox !

I actually had an iPad with cell service in addition to our 2 iPhones all through ATT.  I revently shut off cell service to the iPad since I mostly connect it on WIFI and, if needed, can use the iPhone as a Hotspot so it gets cell service through the iPhone (rarely).  Just something to consider if your devices and WIFI are compatible with what I described.  It saved me about $40 per month.