Honored Contributor

@I am still oxox

we have had a lot of rain here the past two days.

just thought you might like to take a look at some of the videos and photos of the annapolis area.

http://www.capitalgazette.com/blogs/weather/ac-cn-weather-tropics-20180909-story.html

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Respected Contributor
I live in Maryland. It is a very expensive state to live in and they want to tax everything. I don't plan on staying and retiring because it's not retiree friendly, but my immediate family is here and there are a lot of gorgeous places, including my town of Havre de Grace. Every state has its pros and cons - do a lot of research to see if Annapolis and the state are right for you.
Esteemed Contributor

Born in DC but lived in Maryland all my life.  I tend to stay away from cities. Had a choice when we married to move out of the heavily populated Montgomery Co Maryland (just outside of DC).  We had two choices, Annapolis or Frederick Md.  Chose Frederick as it had the mountains, and farms and truly rural atmosphere that I remember from summers visiting my grandparents in Vermont. I am happy with our choice but love all of Maryland and would not move anywhere else.  

As for rude... their are rude people everywhere.  I chose to find the kind people, those who care about others.  And for high cost of living. We get all sorts of great  services as in road crews who at first signs of snowfall or expected snowfall treat the roads.  Same crew who will come out and look at road conditions all seasons.  We get services with one phone call, bottom line.  That has to be worth something.