Honored Contributor

We are considering moving to there from Suburban NYC.

I have been to the area one and liked it.

Looking to buy a gondo/ garden apt.

Not sure where to start though 

thanks all

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Super Contributor

My suggestion is go to Realtor dot com and start out side of Annapolis, if you want to live on the water, try Cambridge,md or Oxford, md.  Kents Island,md.  try that the realtor site will steer you where you'd like.    Nice area..I'm in VA.

Honored Contributor

Re: Annapolis, Maryland

[ Edited ]

Annapolis is lovely, very high end and very expensive to live there!!  Cambridge and Oxford are on the Eastern Shore, totally different location, cost of living is much less .

Honored Contributor

Annapolis is a wonderful place to visit, but I'd be checking its suburbs also.

I know we have major traffic in the NYC area, but Annapolis traffic reminds me of Long Island's traffic in that there's no way to get away from it sometimes, especially if something is going on at the naval academy.

Prices in the area probably won't shock you -  depending where you are in the NYC suburbs, but it's not inexpensive.

Valued Contributor

I have lived in Annapolis, Maryland all of my life, I love it here and am proud to say I am a native Annapolitan. We have so many beautiful areas and the amazing Chesapeake Bay. Many rivers and creeks, our downtown is charming. Many old historic homes and buildings. You will like it!

Valued Contributor

I would never move to MD.

Honored Contributor

Love Annapolis! So beautiful.

Esteemed Contributor

@I am still oxox, Parts of Maryland have had excessive flooding over the past year.  I am not sure how close they are to Annapolis, which is lovely, but be aware of flood zones when you seek out a realtor.   I know that Ellicott City is one where flooding has hit especially hard.  Just like others have said, Annapolis is expensive.  Of course, what might be expensive to me might be a real bargain to someone else.

If you are interested, there is a website called Only In Maryland (there is one for every state) and it can give you lots of interesting info about Maryland and might direct you to some interesting areas for your consideration.

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!
Honored Contributor

annapolis is a beautiful town with a small town feel.

lots of history and gorgeous homes and condos on the water.

i would not mind living there myself.

far enough away from the "big city," but close enough to be able to easily get there and enjoy it.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

@saltysails

Why is that

@saltysails wrote:

I would never move to MD.

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.