Trusted Contributor

Re: Anna's Brother

[ Edited ]

Who really cares ?

I am so tired of people posting here every little detail about this family. They are not celebrities or anyone. And if they were, I still could not care less.

TV trivia at best. There are so many more important and or interesting things in life that TV trivia gossip.

And why run and post all details here? We ALL have access to the Web, TV, newspapers, all social media,or other news sources. Unfortunately, we will find out on our own anyway since it is plastered everwhere.

It sickens me that people here just want to spread information about things that don't matter.

Life is bigger and better than TV gossip and reality shows, which all should be banned from TV in my opinion.

Another way of "dumbing down America".

Valued Contributor

@keithsmom65 wrote:

Who really cares ?

I am so tired of people posting here every little detail about this family. They are not celebrities or anyone. And if they were, I still could not care less.

TV trivia at best. There are so many more important and or interesting things in life that TV trivia gossip.

And why run and post all details here? We ALL have access to the Web, TV, newspapers, all social media,or other news sources. Unfortunately, we will find out on our own anyway since it is plastered everwhere.

It sickens me that people here just want to spread information about things that don't matter.

Life is bigger and better than TV gossip and reality shows, which all should be banned from TV in my opinion.

redhead87, I understand with you posting these same sentiments on two threads that this topic annoys you.  All topics are not going to please everyone.  We all have the choice to browse the different threads on all of the forums, and choose what interests us, and then post a comment.  Make up from HSN, Temptations, etc.  Things that don't matter to you, can be and are of interest to others.

Valued Contributor

I find it really odd that someone who doesn't care to discuss the Duggars would open this thread. and another one too.  I don't care about cooking so I don't open the threads on recipes and berate the members who do talk about cooking. But back to our regularly scheduled programming. . .  As for the Duggars, I find the whole mess  really interesting especially based on their beliefs.  I wish Anna could kick him to the curb but I'm guessing that she won't based on the way she was raised and  her beliefs.  Additionally, she has no real education or experience other than the sheltered environment one in which she was raised.  I'm sure she is terrified on being on her own with 4 childen.  Women who are better equpped to provide for themselves and their children would be frightened.  Wouldn't it be a killer if he was the one that decided to leave the marriage and move on?  He certainly hasn't embraced the life style and his profile said he wanted to meet strong women

Valued Contributor

@shoppergrl wrote:

I find it really odd that someone who doesn't care to discuss the Duggars would open this thread. and another one too.  I don't care about cooking so I don't open the threads on recipes and berate the members who do talk about cooking. But back to our regularly scheduled programming. . .  As for the Duggars, I find the whole mess  really interesting especially based on their beliefs.  I wish Anna could kick him to the curb but I'm guessing that she won't based on the way she was raised and  her beliefs.  Additionally, she has no real education or experience other than the sheltered environment one in which she was raised.  I'm sure she is terrified on being on her own with 4 childen.  Women who are better equpped to provide for themselves and their children would be frightened.  Wouldn't it be a killer if he was the one that decided to leave the marriage and move on?  He certainly hasn't embraced the life style and his profile said he wanted to meet strong women

YES, it did say he wanted strong, professional business women.  so unlike what he married,  BUT chances are he was TOLD he would marry her, can not have him marring an equal..I fear for her and her children  The state should take the children out of the home, he is a "condessed" child molester

Honored Contributor

Anna seems to be crazy about Josh, so I imagine she will not leave, at least not without some heavy duty convincing.

Honored Contributor

@keithsmom65 wrote:

Who really cares ?

And I don't care about the horrors of 2-hour QVC shows, so guess what? I didn't post on your thread berating you for going on about it.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Valued Contributor

It's pretty easy for us to be armchair quarterbacks.  It's really too soon for Anna to even know what to do.  For one thing, in our area, childcare for four children the ages that hers are, would easily run $1,000 per week at a decent childcare center.  That is one of the reasons moms stay at home for a few years.  Who has $50,000 per year to spend on childcare?  I know the prices because I have a relative who runs childcare centers here.  Rates go by the ages, and infants are really expensive, as well as any child in diapers.

Just getting through the thought of that kind of an expense would be mind boggling, never mind starting to think about the other issues.  She's likely just trying to stay in survival mode at this point.

Respected Contributor

Re: Anna's Brother

[ Edited ]

Aw, c'mon y'all.  Mister Jim Bob & his Missus are expert counselors, as evidenced by the astounding results they got when they counseled Josh about his, ahem, youthful indiscretions.  Don'tcha know they're gonna offer up some marriage counseling now?

Regular Contributor

@keithsmom65 wrote:

Who really cares ?

Maybe we all really DO care. I think you like to throw a wrench in it. 

"Life finds a way." --- Ian Malcom Smiley Happy
Honored Contributor

@keithsmom65 wrote:

Who really cares ?

redhead, you are always starting threads complaining and going on and on about various topics. Perhaps you should take your own advice and Grow Up.