Contributor

Re: Anna Griffin Super Scrapbooking Sale

Well surprise!!!, surprise!!! We were eating after getting home from church and heard a knock on the door. I was shocked to see a post office truck out in front on the house. The mailman was getting into it and on my porch was a package, and inside that package was the punch set. It was sent 2 day priority mail. My first package delivered on a Sunday. Now don't I feel special.Smile

Regular Contributor

My purchases haven't even shipped yet. They're giving me a delivery date of Dec 24....that's 23 days after the sale! Oh, well, lucky I'm a patient person. I hope I get the punches, too.

Contributor

Kati,

Don't believe what the tracking tells you. My second package said a label had been created on Dec. 8. Then it was delivered on the 13. After it was delivered it finally showed all the tracking that I had not seen. The other package had a label created on Dec 8 and I could follow the tracking all the way here. It seems to be hit or miss. I hope you get the punches too.

Regular Contributor

Thanks, Luv2trvl.....I sure hope you're right. My delivery date has changed from Dec 24.....to Dec 26!! {#emotions_dlg.scared} The FedEx tracker says the packages weren't picked up for shipping till Dec 15.

But that's OK. I have something to REALLY look forward to. But I'd really like a better idea of the delivery date so I can be sure to be home. I don't want the packages sitting on my front step if I'm not there.

Valued Contributor

I haven't received my orders yet either. I gave up checking to see if they have shipped. If I don't receive them by the end of the year, I'll contact AG. Luv2trvl, glad your punches came. Hope they are something you can use. If not, I guess you could sell on eBay or at a crop :-) Kati, let us know if you get your items and how you like them, if you can. Thanks!
Regular Contributor

HI Mews! I'll report back when my goodies arrive. You do the same.

Merry Christmas to all !!

Contributor

I guess I'm in the minority here, but I thought that sale was a total bust. I didn't receive my email with the link until more than an hour after the sale had started. Needless to say, at that point there was very little left, and what few things I did try to put in my cart literally were removed immediately. In addition, I'm not a fan of doing things like that in the middle of a workday. With all due respect to Anna and her legions of fans… many of us do work full-time and don't necessarily have the opportunity to drop what we're doing and take time out of our workday to shop. I have to admit, I was not at all impressed with the way it was handled. This was my first of her "super sales" and it will definitely be my last. If there is something of hers that I truly want, I'll bite the bullet and pay retail from either her site or HSN rather than roll the dice with that sale. I was also rather shocked that any and all comments that were in the least bit negative about the sale were deleted from her site! I was reading the comments that day and many, many people were having problems and were stating such… and within an hour, every single one of those comments was gone. Not really sure I agree with that at all. Oh well, I am happy for those of you who got what you wanted!
Regular Contributor

Hi Annabelle-Grace! This was my first SuperSale too and I didn't know what to expect. I didn't get the email link either but I remembered she said in her blog it would be posted on her Facebook page so I went there for the link and got to the sale about 15 minutes into it. Apparently some people were able to buy from the site before the sale even officially started!

I also had a couple items disappear from my cart. I tried to do what she suggested beforehand: put something in my cart and buy it immediately. It seemed to work. I got 7 of the 9 items that I wanted.

The last package arrived today (23 days after the sale but hey, it was free shipping!) and I'm thrilled with my purchases. Even a card kit I ordered (Floral Impressions) that the sale said would NOT come in the original box, actually DID! So I totally lucked out.

Do you subscribe to her blog? She gave lots of sale previews and info ahead of time which definitely helped. Right now, she's doing previews of new things for her Jan 21 shows...and giveaways of new products!

I'm sorry your sale experience wasn't good, but hopefully you'll give it another try when the next sale rolls around. And I hope the timing works out better for you as well.

Valued Contributor

I finally received my orders and the items are really nice. I ordered Chinoiserie paper and embellishments and they are really beautiful. My mom likes Oriental designs and since this paper includes the hot pink and green that are popular for Xmas this year I may try to make her a card tomorrow. I think she would really like that. I also got her first book and it has good ideas for cardmaking and for putting colors together. Very nice. I also got the Gabbie paper and embellishments and they are very cheerful and colorful. I really like them plus they come with some things that will really work for masculine designs.
Regular Contributor

Hi Mews! I promised I'd review my SuperSale goodies, so here goes:

1) Floral Impressions card kit: WOW! Tons of floral embellishments, sentiments, floral and plain colored cards and layers in different sizes, etc. It's the first kit I've seen with some plain cream colored cards which will be nice for piling on lots of different colored flowers. $25 for 48 cards works out to about 52 cents per card..a great deal. The sale info said the kit came without the box, but mine was like new and yes, in its sturdy storage box! The bag o' bows was a little crushed but that's no big deal.

2) Idea book: I love it too. I now have three of her big hardback books and they're great. They really do inspire me.

3) 3D Christmas borders: beautiful holiday designs and lots of them. I can separate them if needed to make flat borders and that doubles my inventory!

4) All About Him card kit: not really crazy about some of the masculine designs (don't know any fishermen, for example) but it's a nice kit to have on hand for generic male cards

5) Inspirational Expressions card kit: I hadn't seen this kit before. It's a folder full of card inserts, 3D embellishments and clear stamps with all kinds of get well, sympathy and encouragement sentiments. I'll get lots of use from this kit.

6) Perfect Palette holiday card kit: a box full of envelopes, small and large cards and card layers in holiday colors. I've already used this kit for a couple last minute Christmas cards.

7) Holiday Traditional card kit: another kit I hadn't seen before. Very different; it makes 20 long (business envelope size) Christmas cards! There's the cards, envelopes, sentiments and lots of beautiful embellishments (traditional candy canes, ornaments, snowflakes, holly, wreaths, etc) which I really love.

I also got the free punches. There's a punch holder and 3 interchangeable punches. It looks nice, but I've never used punches before. Guess I'll figure it out soon enough!

I have a fun winter of cardmaking ahead of me!

So there you have it. I'm very happy with everything and have already forgotten about the Christmas tags and metallic papers that disappeared from my cart (well, almost...haha)

I hope you and all of Anna's fans have a very Merry Christmas! Kati