Honored Contributor

Re: Animal crackers' animals "freed" as boxes get new look

Yes, but they are still trapped on that box with no food, no water, no room to roam and play.  Oh....the inhumanity of if all....lol

Honored Contributor

@Cakers3 wrote:

I'm surprised PETA didn't call for the removal of all animal crackers.

Image result for shirley temple animal crackers gif

Give them time.....lol

Honored Contributor

I heard this on the news last night.  Political correctness can get downright goofy, in this case, I support changing the box.  Animals do not belong in cages....whether it be for cruel testing or endangered species or gawking.  Just no.

Frequent Contributor

I think it is wrong that we are eating those poor animals right out of the box!

Honored Contributor

@phoenixbrd wrote:

I heard this on the news last night.  Political correctness can get downright goofy, in this case, I support changing the box.  Animals do not belong in cages....whether it be for cruel testing or endangered species or gawking.  Just no.

Some day I hope to see the end of cruelty......to cookies.   

Honored Contributor

🦓🐘🦁🦒🦍

[ Edited ]

If anyone’s to get cranky over anything, the Public should be outraged Nabisco advertises processed sugar cookies as a,

Good Source of Calcium”.

Sugary carp to small children. 

Lord. 

Remember: Doctors used to smoke in their office not that long ago.

But picking on PETA is low-hanging fruit...no one wants

to tackle the Goliath of the Food Industry. 

But that’s a whole ‘nuther topic for a whole ‘nuther thread.

DAC82B71-47C3-4869-854A-7518B0BA3A20.jpeg

Honored Contributor

In reality, I doubt the freed animals would be friends, they way they are depicted on the box.  I have a feeling the lion would be looking at the others as dinner.  Nabisco might as well remove the Barnam name too since it's associated with the circus and now has no meaning with the liberated wild animals. 

Personally, I think the whole thing is dumb and someone at Nabisco has too much time on their hands, trying to pander to certain groups and be PC. The old boxes showed animals being transported on the circus train, something the general public enjoyed once upon a time.  Way back when, the original design of the package had different animal pictures on the outside and the boxes could be taken apart and reassembled for children to make a circus train and use their imaginations while playing with it.  Truth be told, if I can be honest and at the risk of my post being deleted because someone doesn't agree with my opinion.  I am an animal lover but I also believe animals have their place in the pecking order.  It disturbs me that animal rights have risen above human rights.

Honored Contributor

I like the new box. I think it has a more attractive look!

Honored Contributor

I like the new box too, I never gave it a thought when I was a kid that the animals on the box were in a cage. Circus animals, unless they were performing were always in a cage. How wonderful for the animals that the power's that be are enlightened  now a days.

Honored Contributor

It’s a nice change.
Animals hardly have more rights than humans. Animals can be abused with minimal legal consequences.
And yes, zoos serve a valid purpose. Preserves are better. Not all zoos, preserves, or sanctuaries are created equal.