Honored Contributor

Re: Animal Behavior Documentaries

Exactly, @Moonchilde

That's what I wrote, too.

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Super Contributor

I guess it's because something else will profit from the flamingo stuck in the mud; perhaps young were fed because it was easier to catch. I wish our world wasn't so harsh, but this is what we have to live with, literally. This isn't Heaven, sigh.

Honored Contributor

How about when the zebras or the gazelles start crossing the river full of crocodiles?  Since screaming, "Turn around, go back!!!!" at the TV doesn't do much good, I dive for the remote.

Esteemed Contributor

@Bird mama wrote:

Thanks for the responses.  As I stated in the original post, I know why they do it.  I asked if it ever bothers anyone else that they didn't intervene.

I think of countless times I've intervened with strays on the street.  Some could make the argument that they were wild/feral and it was just survival of the fittest playing out.  Not once did I feel that I upset the balance of nature and I would probably do it again if the opportunity presented itself.

I think I need to stay away from documentaries, lol.

Happy Thanksgiving.

I understand and I agree with you. I don't think we upset any balance helping animals in need. Think about Cassidy the Miracle Kitten. Look what would have been lost if not for human intervention. Not only has he grown to be a beautiful, loving creature, the ongoing efforts to make his life better is advancing the science of prosthetics and implants for animals and humans.

I also agree with what Love Roses said. Maybe they did help, after the camera was shut off.

It's God's job to judge the terrorists. It's our mission to arrange the meeting. U.S. Marines
Honored Contributor

Hi @betteb

You may already be aware, but if not, Best Friends Animal Sanctuary has been doing great work for years in the field of animal prosthetics.   So many of the rescues (dogs, cats, birds, horses, pigs, goats, donkeys, ducks, geese, rabbits, and many more) that Best Friends takes in need extra special care and Best Friends does so very much with all of its special needs patients.

Here is just one story of many, about Riley the brave horse who had a prosthetic for a year:  http://bestfriends.org/sanctuary/animals-special-needs/memory/riley

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.