Honored Contributor

Re: Angelina Jolie Files for Divorce from Brad Pitt

@peggyhbsl wrote:

I admire Angelina work with the refugees etc. What bothers me is that is to be her full time work. I came from a divorced home where I lived with my mom (who was a teacher) and 4 siblings. I spent every other weekend with my dad. My dad and stepmom took us  boating, fishing, swimming etc. My mom did not have time to do much because she HAD to work. S

My whole point is I hope the kids ARE a priority. It doesn't sound like they really are. How can they be when both parent are making or directing movies or traveling?

he tried to spend time with all of us but it was a time issue.

Yes, they are all important jobs, but if I were in their childrens shoes, I would want to be around my parents, even separately. To me knowing that they were going to be gone for a few weeks, or months, would make me feel very UNSTABLE.

IMO stability means you can depend on your parents divorced or not, on a regular basis.

Peggy

@peggyhbsl

Where have you read that the only thing Angie does is refugee work .... or that both Brad and Angie take off at the same time and are gone for weeks or months at a time?

From everything I've read over the years, they do a great job of alternating projects and/or including the kids in trips.    It's unusual to see them without their kids.  Parenting is VERY important to both of them, or they certainly wouldn't have taken on six kids!

From what I can see, your childhood trauma has nothing to do with how the Jolie-Pitts raise their children.   JMO

Respected Contributor

@NativeJax

Jon Voight is a low life and a real loose canon ....  Angie is right to keep him at arm's length.  Even if they are relatives, sometimes you just need to keep the toxic people out.  

Don't know where you got that from, but that isn't true!

Respected Contributor

@shell garden wrote:

I can certainly be wrong, which isn't often, lol...but this is what I think!  

Angelina and Brad have not had enough publicity lately and their last movie, " By the Sea" was NOT GOOD!  Purchased the DVD and it was very disappointing!  I think they will get back together...although they will have some more publicity and drama to unfold before they do!  I just hope the children are okay and do not suffer!  But, I think Angelina and Brad love them so much, that they would not let that happen!  Again...mark my word, they will be back together!

Now, my next prediction....George Clooney and Amal will separate sometime next year.....go ahead, bop me over the head...but those two are hiding something!  😜 😄

____

That's an interesting theory!  I don't agree because filing for divorce is a bit of an extreme way to get publicity even for people in Hollywood!

Clooney was asked what he thought about the filing yesterday when he was at the UN.  He said he was surprised.  I wondered whether he was just trying to be polite, given the friends of the couple who are quoted in various news stories today saying the split has been coming for a long time.

Honored Contributor

@MomCat wrote:

@NativeJax

Jon Voight is a low life and a real loose canon ....  Angie is right to keep him at arm's length.  Even if they are relatives, sometimes you just need to keep the toxic people out.  

Don't know where you got that from, but that isn't true!

@MomCat

I know several people in TV production, including my ex-husband,  and those that have worked with him over the years, as well as been at a couple events he was at years ago.   My date and I said hello to him and he was .....  a real jackazz .... to everyone.   Someone finally diplomatically took him aside and apparently he left.

Personally, based on my own observation,  and when several people complain about what a jerk he is, and how creepy he is towards women, I have no reason to think they're trying to impress me.  JMO

So ...   What makes YOU think he's a nice guy?    

Honored Contributor

@silentgirl wrote:

@ashleigh dupray wrote:

Movie trailer for " Allied "  Brad's new film out in November  (with Marion C)

http://www.alliedmovie.com/

Thanks for the link @CatsyCline 

Others opinions (else where this thread) aside-His personal life and personal grooming habits have very little to do with his talent-I'm actually looking forward to the film-personally find Pitt to be very gifted at his craft-His talent often underrated and unacknowledged. JMHO

Same here. I don' t know him personally (and neither does anyone here, lol!) so I am not going to try to judge him except as an actor. I really like so many of his movies. I loved Inglorious Basterds, the Ocean's movies, Meet Joe Black. I think he is a good actor and I look forward to this new movie!

Honored Contributor

@beckyb1012 wrote:

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@beckyb1012 wrote:

@Trinity11 wrote:

@momtochloe wrote:

This just in at TMZ (and also other sources):

http://www.tmz.com/2016/09/20/angelina-joile-files-for-divorce-brad-pitt/

Angelina has been ill and it may have taken a toll on their relationship. I hope for their children, they will find it possible to reconcile. I think they have had a lot of challenges and perhaps with more thought their love for each other will prevail....

The below article says it had to do with the making of their last bomb movie about the couple that did not get along.  

https://www.thesun.co.uk/tvandshowbiz/1819035/brad-pitt-and-angelina-jolie-to-divorce/

@beckyb1012

The stress on a marriage is HUGE when a couple makes a movie together.   Nicole Kidman and Tom Cruise divorced shortly after completing the painfully difficult  Eyes Wide Shut.  

This one took me by surprise.    I hope they can still work things out with counselling.

I remember that was the main reason but I did not see the movie.  I am sure it is hard working with your spouse but some like Paul Newman and Joanne Woodward were able to do just fine for the long haul.  Just watched Long Hot Summer with them a couple of weeks ago and the chemistry is amazing.

@beckyb1012

I own that movie (The Long Hot Summer) and have watched it countless times.  It's one of those movies that I know every line before it's said.  Love the song too.  My favorite scene is when Ben (Paul) is standing on the balcony looking in at Clara (Joanne) in her bed.  He starts saying "Clara," then says it again, then says "Cla-ha-ha-ra."  OMG, so sexy I can't stand it!!  And they're not even in the same room, let alone touching!!

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Honored Contributor

@LilacTree wrote:

@beckyb1012 wrote:

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@beckyb1012 wrote:

@Trinity11 wrote:

@momtochloe wrote:

This just in at TMZ (and also other sources):

http://www.tmz.com/2016/09/20/angelina-joile-files-for-divorce-brad-pitt/

Angelina has been ill and it may have taken a toll on their relationship. I hope for their children, they will find it possible to reconcile. I think they have had a lot of challenges and perhaps with more thought their love for each other will prevail....

The below article says it had to do with the making of their last bomb movie about the couple that did not get along.  

https://www.thesun.co.uk/tvandshowbiz/1819035/brad-pitt-and-angelina-jolie-to-divorce/

@beckyb1012

The stress on a marriage is HUGE when a couple makes a movie together.   Nicole Kidman and Tom Cruise divorced shortly after completing the painfully difficult  Eyes Wide Shut.  

This one took me by surprise.    I hope they can still work things out with counselling.

I remember that was the main reason but I did not see the movie.  I am sure it is hard working with your spouse but some like Paul Newman and Joanne Woodward were able to do just fine for the long haul.  Just watched Long Hot Summer with them a couple of weeks ago and the chemistry is amazing.

@beckyb1012

I own that movie (The Long Hot Summer) and have watched it countless times.  It's one of those movies that I know every line before it's said.  Love the song too.  My favorite scene is when Ben (Paul) is standing on the balcony looking in at Clara (Joanne) in her bed.  He starts saying "Clara," then says it again, then says "Cla-ha-ha-ra."  OMG, so sexy I can't stand it!!  And they're not even in the same room, let alone touching!!

That man stayed "Hot" all his life.  Almost watched again last night after talking about it yesterday. Heart

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Respected Contributor

A French magazine is reporting that PItt's female co-star is pregnant and due to give birth in December.  They are not saying it is his.  She denies an affair with Pitt.

Honored Contributor

@Ms X wrote:

A French magazine is reporting that PItt's female co-star is pregnant and due to give birth in December.  They are not saying it is his.  She denies an affair with Pitt.

When I googled her yesterday since I had never heard of her it said she had a partner and they have a child together.  Did not read all of it but it appeared they were still living together and raising their child.  The man is french and very handsome.  Do not remember his name.  The truth always comes out sometime, so we will see soon.  It is starting to look like a bumpy ride for what was thought to be the real deal.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Respected Contributor

@beckyb1012 wrote:

@Ms X wrote:

When I googled her yesterday since I had never heard of her it said she had a partner and they have a child together.  Did not read all of it but it appeared they were still living together and raising their child.  The man is french and very handsome.  Do not remember his name.  The truth always comes out sometime, so we will see soon.  It is starting to look like a bumpy ride for what was thought to be the real deal.

@beckyb1012  If the French magazine's report is correct, imagine how distressed she would be to be dragged into their divorce at a time like that.  There's no evidence it's Pitt's, but the article in the Daily Mail did note that she would have conceived while filming the movie.  Of course, she must have had her own family visiting her during filming.