Honored Contributor

Re: Andy Spade speaks after his wife, Kate’s death

@Isobel Archer wrote:

Yes there is all kind of speculation when a famous person dies.

I certainly don't want to be "unkind" in questioning both the press and the husband's statements.

If we really shouldn't discuss it other than to express sympathy, then I guess all umpleasant drama about famous persons should also be off limits for discussion as we certainly can't know the "true facts" in their entirety.  So is that the new standard here?

@Isobel Archer  If your quote of the word "unkind" refers to my post-go back and read what I said at the end.

Discussions about determined facts is one thing; throwing out shots at Kate as being a bad mother and shots at Andy do cross the line.

Because it isn't up to us to say she was a bad mother or that Andy is out for $$ or to sue somebody.

When you read "I heard somewhere" or "I think I saw" -such phrases are unsubstantiated and yes, unkind when they are negative and attack on a personal level.

Post whatever you want; speculate however you want; I just don't base my pov on baseless gossip.

*shrug*

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Respected Contributor

@Cakers3 wrote:

@Isobel Archer wrote:

I certainly don't want to be "unkind" in questioning both the press and the husband's statements.

If we really shouldn't discuss it other than to express sympathy, then I guess all umpleasant drama about famous persons should also be off limits for discussion as we certainly can't know the "true facts" in their entirety.  So is that the new standard here?

@Isobel Archer  If your quote of the word "unkind" refers to my post-go back and read what I said at the end.

Discussions about determined facts is one thing; throwing out shots at Kate as being a bad mother and shots at Andy do cross the line.

Because it isn't up to us to say she was a bad mother or that Andy is out for $$ or to sue somebody.

When you read "I heard somewhere" or "I think I saw" -such phrases are unsubstantiated and yes, unkind when they are negative and attack on a personal level.

Post whatever you want; speculate however you want; I just don't base my pov on baseless gossip.

*shrug*

Everything I have posted about has come from either his statement or press accounts - the Kansas City Star, Baltimore Sun, WTOP, CNN (which also revealed the contents of the suicide note)  et. al.  

I think we may have really come to a place where it is almost impossible to know if what is being reported in the media - even sites such as CNN - has any relation to the truth at all.

Very sad.

Esteemed Contributor

I am sure I'll get blasted for this, but suicide to me is a very selfish act. What is her daughter supposed to think: that she wasn't enough of a reason to stick around? 

Esteemed Contributor

@Isobel Archer wrote:

@Cakers3 wrote:

@Isobel Archer wrote:

*shrug*

Everything I have posted about has come from either his statement or press accounts - the Kansas City Star, Baltimore Sun, WTOP, CNN (which also revealed the contents of the suicide note)  et. al.  

I think we may have really come to a place where it is almost impossible to know if what is being reported in the media - even sites such as CNN - has any relation to the truth at all.

Very sad.

That's exactly what somebody wants you to think. That way, nothing is but what is not.

Respected Contributor

@RainCityWoman wrote:

@Isobel Archer wrote:

@Cakers3 wrote:

@Isobel Archer wrote:

*shrug*

Very sad.

That's exactly what somebody wants you to think. That way, nothing is but what is not.

I don't know what somebody wants me to think.  But as far as this thread goes - either he was in the apartment when she died or he wasn't - there is no room for confusion on this point. (the press - several versions - say he was  and that police said he was -  he implies he wasn't - saying the last contact he had was the night before.

Several outlets are now reporting that he wanted a divorce - that they both had lawyers etc.  He says that's not remotely true - they were still in love and working out their problems.

Several outlets are also reporting that she had an alcohol problem - even reporting that he told this to the police investigating her suicide.  He says this is absolutely not true.

So - is the press lying about all this - or making it up?  Or what?  We certainly have had many recent incidences of the press doing just that - either lying, making it up, distorting the facts, omitting crucial facts to put the reporting in context etc. etc.

So I have no idea what the truth really is here.

Honored Contributor

It never ceases to amaze me how people get on their high horses and defend these celebrities. These very rich, successful people know what they are getting into when they ask you to celebrate them and their accomplishments. People want to know them and think they know them from what they read and see on TV. It's all fine and dandy when everything is positive, but when it gets ugly then not so much. You can't have it both ways. To deny what is reported and call it fake news because you don't like the way things turned out for KS or any other celebrity is pure denial. IMO you have to be severely sick to want to end it that way. I have a feeling in that state of mind she was thinking of no one, but herself and getting lasting relief.

Honored Contributor

Unless you have been to that point ,you have no idea.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

Carol Burnette was lied about in print, and she sued and won. She said a lie can circle the world three times, before the truth even gets out of the starting gate. I think a lot of these gossip type outlets, just repeat things they have heard, and read ,without substantiating them

I feel that there is no reason not to believe her husband, he is not a known liar ,or philanderer, or a bad person.  Her father told the press, he had spoken to his daughter the night before, and she seemed fine, and was talking about making a trip to Ca .soon. He did say he told her to be careful ,or not to take, some sort of medicine ,she was using, he felt it wasn't safe. But he said  found nothing amiss, with her. He husband said the same thing . She was OK on the phone with him

The truth of the matter is ,  the blame should be placed where it belongs, on her illness. I  really think the last frontier is not space, it is the human mind. Things can go so terribly wrong in a flash, and people simply don't understand how ,or why. We are all left to pick up the pieces ,and move on

I have seen pictures of the terrible anguish on her husbands face, and my heart broke for him and his daughter. I pray they can recover from this, and move on, in time. It would be a terrible thing to think, 2 more lives were ruined, because of a dreadful disease

Honored Contributor

Her husband was seen leaving his apartment in a bizarre looking mouse mask and a yellow backpack. There were photos so it wasn't fake news. 

Honored Contributor

I think he did that so they couldn't photograph him @Trinity11