Respected Contributor

Re: Andy Sandberg on Paula Deen being on DWTS:

OK maybe I am alone on this but comparing Paula Dean (who I never cared for regardless) with the third reich is too much.

There is no comparison between her and them or child molestors for that matter. Really we need to step back take a breath. 

Honored Contributor

@AngusandBuddhasMom wrote:

OK maybe I am alone on this but comparing Paula Dean (who I never cared for regardless) with the third reich is too much.

There is no comparison between her and them or child molestors for that matter. Really we need to step back take a breath. 

I didn't compare her.  I did give a list of those hopefully most of us would not be tolerant of in order to make a point.

Was it not clear that obviously there ARE people and groups that most decent people don't tolerate?

A Thrill Of Hope The Weary World Rejoices
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Dusty1 wrote:

Do you truly feel that these things are comparable? Why would you take it to that level? You don't know me, so yes, I suppose I could be a 3rd Reich cheerleader. Or I could wave flags saying "yeah to child molesters!". Or that I have a sign in my front yard with quotes from Westboro on it, but I truly don't.

I do think that the average person has the right to make their choices, hold their beliefs & be held accountable for those choices & go on & lead their life.

If I felt they were comparable, I would have said so, I didn't. 

I made a point to show how silly it is to say we must tolerate everyone and everyone's point of view.

Sorry you missed that point.

Respected Contributor

@NoelSeven wrote:

I didn't compare her.  I did give a list of those hopefully most of us would not be tolerant of in order to make a point.

Was it not clear that obviously there ARE people and groups that most decent people don't tolerate?

Sorry if I misunderstood your post Noel. While I understand the point you are making about not tolerating those that are racist or put down a group.  I just think there is a world of difference between ignorant people like Paula and the 3rd reich. Tolerating genocide would be a different ball game.  I just do not see applying the same level in a paragragh.

Honored Contributor

@NoelSeven wrote:

Sorry if I misunderstood your post Noel. While I understand the point you are making about not tolerating those that are racist or put down a group.  I just think there is a world of difference between ignorant people like Paula and the 3rd reich. Tolerating genocide would be a different ball game.  I just do not see applying the same level in a paragragh.

It's OK, caravaggio Smiley Happy  Sometimes I think I made something clear but it wasn't.  Someone else jumped to that conclusion so that was probably an influence.

BTW, now that I see you, just to go OT for a minute, I'm thrilled about the Pope's visit, I suspect you may be, also Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

@NoelSeven wrote:

@NoelSeven wrote:

It's OK, caravaggio Smiley Happy  Sometimes I think I made something clear but it wasn't.  Someone else jumped to that conclusion so that was probably an influence.

BTW, now that I see you, just to go OT for a minute, I'm thrilled about the Pope's visit, I suspect you may be, also Smiley Happy

Hi Noel I am thrilled.  I am not thrilled by the criticism that he is getting or that the CIC is getting for who he picked to be at his visit. IMO, I believe the Pope will be gracious and walk in Jesus steps and be tolerant and loving as he should be. Too much politics is heaped at his feet. 

So happy Fall weather is finally here!  Wishing you a wonderful day!

Honored Contributor

Hi Noel I am thrilled.  I am not thrilled by the criticism that he is getting or that the CIC is getting for who he picked to be at his visit. IMO, I believe the Pope will be gracious and walk in Jesus steps and be tolerant and loving as he should be. Too much politics is heaped at his feet. 

So happy Fall weather is finally here!  Wishing you a wonderful day!

ITA!

Unfortunately, we're still having heat waves, I can't wait to catch up with you re: Fall!

QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because its argumentative and off topic.

Honored Contributor

@NoelSeven wrote:

@Dusty1 wrote:

Do you truly feel that these things are comparable? Why would you take it to that level? You don't know me, so yes, I suppose I could be a 3rd Reich cheerleader. Or I could wave flags saying "yeah to child molesters!". Or that I have a sign in my front yard with quotes from Westboro on it, but I truly don't.

I do think that the average person has the right to make their choices, hold their beliefs & be held accountable for those choices & go on & lead their life.

If I felt they were comparable, I would have said so, I didn't. 

I made a point to show how silly it is to say we must tolerate everyone and everyone's point of view.

Sorry you missed that point.

It appears as though perhaps the way it was stated, the point was easy to miss...

Woman Happy

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Respected Contributor

What PD did was mild for Hollywood standards, yet they choose to keep bringing it up. Many of their peers in Hollywood are much less tolerant and bigoted, but yet PD can't be forgiven in their eyes.  PD employs people of color in all of her endeavors, yet because she envisioned an old-fashioned southern wedding, she's in for a lifetime of punishment.

To anyone not from the south, that wedding idea sounded a bit troubling, but that's the way life was in the old south,  I truly believe that PD just didn't think it through,.

I wish her luck on DWTS and hope that she sticks around long enough to really tick some people off, LOL.

"Summer afternoon-summer afternoon; to me those have always been the two most beautiful words in the English language." ~Henry James