Honored Contributor

@ellaphant wrote:

@Carmie wrote:

His children are beautiful.

I wonder why he waited until he was "old" to have children.  I am the child of older parents as well as three of my siblings.

At his age he should be a new PopPop and not a Dad of a newborn...just my opinion from personal experience.

I hope he lives a long life and can keep up with his sons.

" at his age he should...."

He SHOULDNT do anything according to your timeline. He had his family when it was right for him...not YOU. 

@ellaphant   I agree but @Carmie  is certainly entitled to express her opinion whether you like it or not.

New Contributor

Well, at least the other father is still in his 40s. I think he was 47 when the first one was born.

New Contributor

The surrogate is usually not the parent of the baby. She is carrying the baby that was created from the donor egg and the male biological parent.

New Contributor

I do believe that Wyatt is Anderson's biological son. However, this new baby, I'm not so sure. Sebastian was given Maisani's name at birth, but Anderson says that Benjamin is adopting only Wyatt and then Wyatt will change his last name. This leads me to believe that the baby is more than likely Benjamin's biological child and Wyatt is Anderson's.

Also, Wyatt was given names from Anderson's family; his father's name and also a name from his mother's family as well.  The new baby is named Sebastian, which is a common French name.

That's of course just speculation, but it seems to make sense. It would also be kind of jerky to insist that both children that you both raise together must be of your own biological makeup. 

Respected Contributor

I commend Anderson and his ex for the way they handled their break-up.  Anderson called him his best friend when he made the birth announcement.  

Honored Contributor

@chrystaltree wrote:

@Carmie wrote:

I wonder why he waited until he was "old" to have children.  I am the child of older parents as well as three of my siblings.

At his age he should be a new PopPop and not a Dad of a newborn...just my opinion from personal experience.

Do you also wonder why these men waited so long for fatherhood?

Billy Joel 65,   Simon Cowell. 53,  

Hugh Grant  52,  Elton John 66,  Mick Jagger 56 and 73,  Jeff Goldblum 62, RichRd Gere 70.   Do you think they should be drooling in nursing homes while they wait for the grand kids to visit?

My husband and I are in the same age group of the men you mentioned.  We are not drooling in a nursing home waiting for our grands to visit.

Most people in our age group aren't either.  Your comment doesn't make sense.

Honored Contributor

@aubnwa01 wrote:

Wasn't the actor Tony Randall in his upper 70's by the time his only 2 children were born?

yes, he was 77 when his first was born and he died when they were 6-7 years old.

Honored Contributor

@ellaphant wrote:

@Carmie wrote:

" at his age he should...."

He SHOULDNT do anything according to your timeline. He had his family when it was right for him...not YOU. 

Should used in my sentence means what is probable.  Not obligation.  Look it up.

Honored Contributor

Re: Anderson Cooper

[ Edited ]

Anderson has a couple of excellent books that can explain a lot of where he comes from.  One he wrote with his mom, The Rainbow Comes And Goes, is excellent!  the chapters alternate between anderson and that of his mom speaking    What a life she had, and Anderson too!  I read the book and then listened to the audio.  I loved the audio as it is read by both himself and his mom.  The new book the Vanderbilts is a great read.  
If I remember correctly his mom may have known about the Anderson,s plan to have a child, but she took ill suddenly, and her death was quicker than they thought at first.  I also think it is Andersons biological son.  His partner and him split up before Wyatt was born, but got back together after Wyatt was born.  I dont know if the are together now.  They have been on and off again fo several yeats  the surrogate may be involved in Wyatts life, so she is someone they knew   I think I am remembering all tis correctly...but double check if you are interested.  I highly recomend the books!  Get the audio if you can, Anderson reading the book makes it more interesting.  Especially The Vanderbilts

Boys run in his family. His fatherS' siblings were boys, , Anderson had no sisters..only 1 brother.  Gloria had 2 other sons besides Anderson and his brother Carter.

Does anyone know if it was Gloria Vanderbilt who sold on QVC years ago?  I think I bought a shawl of hers.

Respected Contributor

@skatting44 wrote:

My first thought is how can any woman who gives birth to a child " give the child up " .

How can one  take money for a child . I don't get it .  A Maternal bond is so strong

@skatting44 

When this was newer, there were court cases about women who didn't want to give up the child after it was born.  There was a signed contract between she and the biological father.  His wife was unable to have children.  I believe the court ruled she had to give up the child to the father - legal contract.

In general, they don't want surrogacy unless the woman already has her own biological children.  Many surrogates don't form the mother/child bond, because they know it is someone else's child.  Sometimes a woman will do it for a close relative, like a sister, who cannot have her own children.  In that case, they will perform IVF, so the child is biologically her sister's child, not hers.

I know a female same sex couple who used artificial insemination to have 2 children, who are biological brothers.  One of the women had both children with the same donor, through a clinic.

I see Anderson Cooper with the book "Goodnight Moon."  I think I can still recite that story word for word after reading it to my daughter so many times!

Hyacinth

Kim/Kanye have 2 children via surrogate.  IVF was done, so the children are biologically Kim/Kanye's.  Kim has a medical issue that is too dangerous for her to bear more children of her own.  Her first 2 were given birth to by her and she had very serious complications. 

In Anderson Cooper's case, I believe they probably did artificial insemination of the surrogate.  Don't know if both kids are biological full brothers or half brothers.