Respected Contributor

Re: Anderson Cooper is a dad!

[ Edited ]

I love Anderson and AC360. Despite his family background and celebrity, I find him very down to earth and relatable.   I've read about how much he works.  I hope that he will take some well deserved time off to enjoy his newborn son.  They grow up so quickly!

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

He shocked me at the end of his show with that announcement. I actually cried I was so happy for him.

He had a tough 2019. He lost his Mom and his long term partner broke up with him (or they mutually parted, but I don't think Anderson initiated it as he seemed pretty upset). EDIT: I guess they are back together?

After that he seemed so different, like he was very lonely. He was very, very close to his mother as it was his only family left. I felt sad for him.

I never even thought of Anderson when Andy Cohen had his baby boy Benjamin. They are very good friends and while Anderson talked about Ben (Andy's baby) I don't know why it just didn't dawn on me Anderson might wish for a child too. He is always on the ground at every major catastrophic event, worldwide, so I guess I never thought he would want to give up covering the world events as he is so good at it. He is so full of empathy and caring when he is covering a horrible event.

There wasn'y even a hint of what the next story was going to be so when he said it I cried because he was trying so hard to get out the story without crying. Then Sanjay Gupta came back on screen and he looked like he was going to explode he was so happy and he managed to keep the secret.

Anderson will be a great Dad. As an only living child (his brother committed suicide years ago) I hope this fills that hole in his heart from so much loss, family loss. The baby is cute, and Anderson is completely lost in childcare but I am sure he will learn quick.

Regular Contributor

so what, a lot of men are Dads , what makes him so special?

Valued Contributor

Don't even know who Anderson Cooper is or why I should care if he's a Dad. Sorry.

Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

@ollie5 wrote:

so what, a lot of men are Dads , what makes him so special?

When announces they are a  dad for the first timethen it is special.

Honored Contributor

Anderson was on Colbert's show Monday and said he and his ex are no longer in a relationship as boyfriends but his ex is like family now. He was with Anderson in the delivery room and will co-parent with Anderson because Anderson wants him in the boy's life.
Source: People online