Respected Contributor

Re: Anderson Cooper is a dad!

Last night they had shots of Anderson, Sanjay Gupta and Chris Cuomo talking about the baby, all three were just beaming. Something happy to see 🙂. 

Respected Contributor

@tucsongal wrote:

Last night they had shots of Anderson, Sanjay Gupta and Chris Cuomo talking about the baby, all three were just beaming. Something happy to see 🙂. 

I have to correct you - UNCLE Sanjay!  Just kidding, I, too, thought it was so cute those three were so visibly happy & excited over Wyatt. Chris said this news made his month.

Denise
Valued Contributor

I saw Anderson's announcement and was tearing up. It was so nice to hear great news for a change.

That baby is so beautiful, I saw a few pics on Anderson's twitter of the baby alone, a precious face!

I am very sure his parents and his brother sent this beautiful soul to Anderson to cherish.

Lucky baby and daddy!

Respected Contributor

I am so very happy for Anderson. 

Not often do I pay attention to public figures private lives, but he seems to be such a kind, gentle soul. 

What a lovely way to start my day!

Esteemed Contributor

@Janey2 wrote:

I have no idea what kind of a father he will be, that remains to be seen. I just don’t understand why all these 50+ year old people are having children. Is it fair to a child to have a parent that age. Just wondering....

@Janey2,  likely more fair than losing your 51 year old father as Anderson did.  Or losing a parent when they are only in their 20s or 30s or 40s from any number of causes. 

Anderson's mother was 43 or 44 when Anderson was born and 95 when she died was that getting too old to be fair to a child?

The eyes through which you see others may be the same as how they see you.
Honored Contributor

@Anonymous032819 wrote:

There have been plenty of people who were raised by gay couples who grew up happy and well adjusted, as I'm sure Wyatt will.

@Anonymous032819  My grandson is 7 and a beautiful, well adjusted young man who makes me proud. His live in "nanny" has been a father figure role for him since Day 1. My daughter and DIL are an example of a loving and beautiful family that brightened the life of my precious grandson as he does all of us.

I am so happy for Anderson Cooper! May he have many joyous times with his new son and may all their lives be blessed. Heart

Honored Contributor

I am so happy for Anderson.  

He was just so sweet last night introducing his beautiful son to us.  He looked so very, very happy.

I think he will be a wonderful dad.

Cat Happy

Contributor

@Somertime wrote:

@Janey2   Since you were wondering, I'll answer your question.  My husband was 48 years old when our son was born!  Our son is 41, now and my husband passed last July at 88.  Our son had a wonderful childhood and a very close bond with his father.  My husband was not an invalid when he passed.  Nor was our son ever shortchanged in any way by the age of my husband or myself.

My son will tell you how much his father meant to him and how important he was to his life.  I speak from personal experience, age has nothing to do with being a good parent and loving your child.  It has to do with the type of person you are and the integrity you have. 

By the way, my parents were 40 & 41 when I was born in 1946 and I have a very good, loving, strong relationship with my parents, especially at a time when it was unusual for 40 & 41 year olds to become parents for the first time!

Beautifully stated! 

Honored Contributor

@Elodie2 

I am confused how exactly did he honor his surrogate, I might of missed that thanks 

@Elodie2 wrote:

Congrats to Anderson!  It was nice that he honored his surrogate and her family.  He's such a decent man. He'll be a great dad.

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Honored Contributor

@shoekitty wrote:

I heard earlier today.  I am so happy for him.  His Mom would have been thrilled.  I love the name.  Wyatt Morgan Cooper   What for his dead brother,Morgan for his moms family

@shoekitty   I think Wyatt was his Dad.