Honored Contributor

Re: Anderson Cooper is a dad!

@occasionalrain wrote:

I doubt Anderson has a partner since none was mentioned and he didn't use we anywhere in his announcement as far as I know.

I don't think he does.  I think he one of the best jounalists around.  Very cute baby.  You can tell how happy he is!

Honored Contributor

@RoughDraft 

You are right.  His brother was carter.  Wyatt Morgan Cooper.  The name just conjure up a handsome cowboy on his faithful steed.  Lol  I just love the name

Honored Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

@shoekitty wrote:

I heard earlier today.  I am so happy for him.  His Mom would have been thrilled.  I love the name.  Wyatt Morgan Cooper   What for his dead brother,Morgan for his moms family

@shoekitty   I think Wyatt was his Dad.

Shoekitty said  you are so right

Honored Contributor

I thought he recently also got married to his partner?  He has not mentioned that. I would think he would with the birth of their child?

Honored Contributor

@shoekitty wrote:

I heard earlier today.  I am so happy for him.  His Mom would have been thrilled.  I love the name.  Wyatt Morgan Cooper   Wyatt for his dead brother,Morgan for his moms family

This is so true, she would have been very very happySmiley Happy

Respected Contributor

I think Anderson Cooper will be an excellent father.

Respected Contributor

Congrats to Anderson!  Always great to hear good, uplifting news. 

* Freedom has a taste the protected will never know *
Honored Contributor

@Janey2 wrote:

I have no idea what kind of a father he will be, that remains to be seen. I just don’t understand why all these 50+ year old people are having children. Is it fair to a child to have a parent that age. Just wondering....

Shoekitty

probably because they wake up one day, and think...omg, whoops forgot to have kids.  I personally think  Anderson was very soul searching in his youth. , traveling , then intent on being journalist.  He has always suffered from the traumatic deaths of his brother and father, also, took care of mom.  He had been in relationship but I believe they broke up a while back  I really think he thought he was ready and really wanted to have child.  I think Anderson is very sensitive as well as practical  he could have lived off mom, but wanted none of it.  I think he will be a wise, caring father.  He has probably chosen a couple of woman friends to mentor with child as well.he strikes me as a planner, and it's nothing he would have done off the cuff without deep thought  JMHO

Honored Contributor

@SeaMaiden. As I posted earlier on this thread 🙄 Anderson broke up with his longtime partner who had been living with him.
Honored Contributor

Perhaps his partner did not want to be a parent, so they wisely broke up. 

Actually, I don't have a clue and don't care. Just a thought.