Valued Contributor

Re: Anderson Cooper is a dad!

@I am still oxox wrote:

@Elodie2 

I am confused how exactly did he honor his surrogate, I might of missed that thanks 

@Elodie2 wrote:

Congrats to Anderson!  It was nice that he honored his surrogate and her family.  He's such a decent man. He'll be a great dad.

@I am still oxox , during his announcement he said the actual name of the surrogate (I'm sure she must have given him permission to do so) and thanked her and her husband and children.  I believe he said she was wonderful or something to that effect.

Honored Contributor

Congratulations to him and his son. That name is perfect, it honors his family. I guess he'll be off air for a little while, on paternity leave.

Honored Contributor

@Janey2 wrote:

I have no idea what kind of a father he will be, that remains to be seen. I just don’t understand why all these 50+ year old people are having children. Is it fair to a child to have a parent that age. Just wondering....

they know who they are, financially set, 

live in a time when gay people can have kids as gay parents not pretending to be straight?

Respected Contributor

?????  NO- His brother was, Carter NOT Morgan. Morgan was a family name! Wyatt was Anderson's father's name

Respected Contributor

It's not uncommon now at all for parents to be older

Respected Contributor

Yeah, Richard Gere just became a dad again at 70.

Trusted Contributor

Congratulations to him and his partner!

I hope the birth mother had an easy delivery and is doing well.

May the baby have a long and healthy life. Smiley Happy

"Coming to ya from Florida"
Honored Contributor

@FiddleDeeDee. Does he have a partner?He broke up with his longtime live-in partner a while ago. Is this someone different you are referring to?
Trusted Contributor

@Pearlee  I have no idea. I took it as he did based on other posts in this thread. If he doesn't, then congrats to just him. Smiley Happy

"Coming to ya from Florida"
Honored Contributor

I doubt Anderson has a partner since none was mentioned and he didn't use we anywhere in his announcement as far as I know.