Honored Contributor

And we have our first aggravation of 2019

Went to check to make sure my vision benefits had been reinstated for 2019 as they should be. 

I had dropped vision last year thinking I would be changing jobs or moving by the time my next appointment came around but that didn't happen so I picked it up again for 2019.

This morning I go to pull an ID card so I can schedule my overdue appointment and the provider said my vision coverage was terminated 12/31/18.  Smiley Surprised

I double checked my election sheet to make sure I wasn't drinking when I signed up for the 2019 annual enrollment.  Stone cold sober!  

I emailed our HR department with my election sheet and the provider screen shot saying I am paying for it but don't appear to have it.  Awaiting their response now.  

Really?  How hard is this?  You have a computer and everything these days.  Not a scrap of paper.  We worked so much better in the old days.  

Honored Contributor

Re: And we have our first aggravation of 2019

I swear you post a complaint on this board and it's like magic.  I hit post and two seconds later I get a reply that they reached out to the provider to slap them around a bit. 

You go HR!  It's one of the few facets of this company that works well.  

Respected Contributor

@Laura14I'm glad to hear at least your HR dept has it's act together.  Where I work, they are too cheap to hire competent payroll personnel.  The turnover in that dept has been mind boggling, and with each new hire I go through the same problem......it's like groundhog day.  My last pay was shorted 13-1/2 hours, and I finally was able to t least find out the name of the latest hire and speak with her.  Problem is she doesn't know how to fix it and the only person who may know is off until next week.  The longer I work here, the less I feel appreciated!

Laura loves cats!
Honored Contributor

Hold that thought @2blonde.  Until I actually have coverage, the issue is not solved and I reserve my right to send out Uncle Vinny. It's a new year and he has a new quota to hit. 

He is also available for contract jobs.  Let me know if your payroll needs a vist.  That's BS anytime but especially when you've got holiday bills coming in.    

Respected Contributor

I have a private pay policy with BCBS and have learned over the years to not bother checking their website the first 4-5 business days of the year. Nothing is updated/correct. They're just slow. 

~The more someone needs to brag about how wonderful, special, successful, wealthy or important they are, the greater the likelihood that it isn't true. ~

Honored Contributor

@FrostyBabe1  I was hoping that was the case but when I saw I was terminated 12/31/18, that didn't make sense.  I should have been terminated 12/31/17 if it was an update thing.  

I want points for my honesty and non use of coverage.  

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Laura14..its just ridiculous.  I guess I am getting harder....I can NOT tolerate incompetence of many these days.  Do your job right people or dont do it.

Just the fact you had to call is annoying.  Hope it all works out.

Honored Contributor

You get it @Skididdy!  You really get it!  Smiley Very Happy

I understand people make mistakes but I am getting tired of catching them and pointing them out to humans.  It's got to be a computer system these days.  Paper was banned three years ago. 

How are we making mistakes if one computer is talking to another computer and the garbage in was correct?  

To me, there is a higher standard when dealing with insurance.  In my email, I said to them, please let me know if I have coverage so I don't create an unexpected bill for myself. 

Can you imagine if I didn't check for an ID card and just went ahead in not knowing and accepted services?  

We can do better health insurance industry!  

Honored Contributor

@Laura14

I agree...this board gets attention.

I have several instances to point to this.

Complained about Apple dropping the "picture" button to use during FaceTime and voilla! Update IOS 12.1.2 (?) It's Baaaack!

(I also complained about this issue on Twitter... both are public forums and I feel are effective to get action.

So, here's another... c'mon Apple! This pencil is not worth 💩 the battery does not hold a charge and the design of inserting it into the iPadPro to charge is a bad plan!  You can do better...brightest minds, etc.

Now, as for insurance, Optumrx (responsible for our Medicare rx's) has the worst website! They recently came out with an app...it didn't help.

$145.00 has been charged to send me 3 inhslers! It has been over 2 years since I have had A URI requiring use of an inhaler but they didn't bother to get a new RX from my PCP! How is this possible? 

OK rant over...I guess we will RTS and file a dispute with our credit card company!

One more...did the do not call list expire? I'm receiving numerous no caller ID calls!

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Honored Contributor

Smiley Surprised  @LTT1  They are sending prescription medication without a valid prescription?  That's insane.  It's like meds 101. 

What is wrong with people these days?  Not once behind the pharmacy counter did I ever hand out anything without them giving me a piece of paper first and checking the date.  Our labels won't even print without a valid script in the computer.  Did they jack a shipment off a CVS truck and just send it out to everyone?  Just when you think you've heard it all. 

I think the Do Not Call list is obsolete.  The robo computer calls change numbers so frequently it's impossible to keep up with them. I pick up and immediately hang up on any unknown numbers and that has really helped stop a lot of it.