Respected Contributor

Re: And we have our first aggravation of 2019

@Laura14I'm seeing a lot of the incompetence as well.  Even with computer systems, people still have to enter the data, and it has to be entered correctly and in the correct place.  My take on this is that employers are so obsessed with the bottom line that they are hiring underqualified people so they can pay them less money.  I'm seeing this at my own place of employment.  If they happen to get someone qualified for a job, they will only stay until they find something better. Though this is not a for-profit business, they still have a budget, and they are just as top-heavy as most businesses these days.

Laura loves cats!
Honored Contributor

@2blonde  They need to have a check so that this doesn't happen.  Vision is one thing.  Can you imagine if you denied someone medical by mistake and they needed it?  

Employers could care less about their staff.  Mine don't even know I exist. Someone nominated me for a Star of the Year and they sent the nomination letter to a place I've never worked at.  You would think they would know where my office is bare minimum.   I've only been here with them as the owners 4 years and counting, 17 years total.

It's the little things, people.    

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Laura14 wrote:

You get it @Skididdy!  You really get it!  Smiley Very Happy

I understand people make mistakes but I am getting tired of catching them and pointing them out to humans.  It's got to be a computer system these days.  Paper was banned three years ago. 

How are we making mistakes if one computer is talking to another computer and the garbage in was correct?  

To me, there is a higher standard when dealing with insurance.  In my email, I said to them, please let me know if I have coverage so I don't create an unexpected bill for myself. 

Can you imagine if I didn't check for an ID card and just went ahead in not knowing and accepted services?  

We can do better health insurance industry!  

The people were probably on message boards complaining about something while they should be working.

Someday, when scientists discover the center of the Universe....some people will be disappointed it is not them.
Honored Contributor

@CrazyDaisy  Probably.  They should learn from me how to multitask instead.  

Honored Contributor

@Laura14  Your experience sounds normal.  It usually takes a while for new benefits to be loaded on the computer system.

Have you checked to see if your ID number is the same or has changed?  Often you get a new ID and group number.

If you incur a claim and it is denied, it can be reopened to reprocess once your benefits are showing on the computer.

When  I worked for a health insurance company this was a common problem every year in January.  Don't sweat it.

Esteemed Contributor

@Laura14 wrote:

@CrazyDaisy  Probably.  They should learn from me how to multitask instead.  

Funny, when doing something you shouldn't be doing while driving it is distracted driving, yet at work you call it multitask. 

Someday, when scientists discover the center of the Universe....some people will be disappointed it is not them.
Honored Contributor

Thanks @Carmie!  I appreciate that!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Just a little love for the HR department PLEASE.

Worked in one for a while -

No power

No authority

No respect

NO one comes to HR because they are HAPPY!

NO one comes to HR to say thank you.

Be KIND to them.  Smiley Happy

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Honored Contributor

@Drythe Nothing but love. This is a provider mistake they are looking to correct for me.