Honored Contributor

Re: And we have another cruise issue

@BrandiDavis wrote:

@LoriLori wrote:

You're either not an RN or poorly informed. 

@LoriLori  Wow! Sorry, but personally accusing another poster of something b/c you don't agree with what they said isn't very nice. Your opinion would have probably been better understood had you approached it in a calm manner, without putting someone else down in the process. JMO of course. 

@BrandiDavis   In general I absolutely agree with you but this is a poster, and hopefully you're not her with another nic, who constantly stalks my posts and can be found posting under and arguing with everything I say, even had a thread about Tom Hanks poofed because of it, so I'm out of patience for that one person.  She sure takes an interest in me!

Valued Contributor

@LoriLori wrote:

@BrandiDavis wrote:

@LoriLori wrote:

@LoriLori  Wow! Sorry, but personally accusing another poster of something b/c you don't agree with what they said isn't very nice. Your opinion would have probably been better understood had you approached it in a calm manner, without putting someone else down in the process. JMO of course. 

@BrandiDavis   In general I absolutely agree with you but this is a poster, and hopefully you're not her with another nic, who constantly stalks my posts and can be found posting under and arguing with everything I say, even had a thread about Tom Hanks poofed because of it, so I'm out of patience for that one person.  She sure takes an interest in me!

@LoriLori  What? Now you're trying to say I'm stalking you? First off, I have NO idea who you even are. I honestly don't even ever recall seeing your username. Second off, I PROMISE I have more important things to do then stalk someone on a shopping board LOL...this is hysterical. SMH

I will not engage you further and please don't engage me. Thank you. 

~ Hope in TN ~
Honored Contributor

@BrandiDavis wrote:

@LoriLori wrote:

@BrandiDavis wrote:

@LoriLori wrote:

@LoriLori  What? Now you're trying to say I'm stalking you? First off, I have NO idea who you even are. I honestly don't even ever recall seeing your username. Second off, I PROMISE I have more important things to do then stalk someone on a shopping board LOL...this is hysterical. SMH

I will not engage you further and please don't engage me. Thank you. 

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

I needed that laugh. 

You butted in between me and another person. 

You didn't understand my post.  Maybe didn't read it.  Either way, thanks, gotta take our laughs where we can get them these days.   😁  

Respected Contributor

@sidsmom wrote:

@RetRN wrote:

We have gotten through a crisis like this before, 

@RetRN 

We have?

I'm 60 & have lived in America my entire life....

and never have seen anything like this.

I'd be curious to see how you can expand on your opinion.

@sidsmom :  I'm not RetRN, but what about the 2009 swine flu?

Respected Contributor

@Hoovermom wrote:

@sidsmom wrote:

@RetRN wrote:

We have gotten through a crisis like this before, 

@RetRN 

We have?

I'm 60 & have lived in America my entire life....

and never have seen anything like this.

I'd be curious to see how you can expand on your opinion.

@sidsmom :  I'm not RetRN, but what about the 2009 swine flu?

CDC:  This virus was designated as influenza A (H1N1)pdm09 virus. ... From April 12, 2009 to April 10, 2010, CDC estimated there were 60.8 million cases (range: 43.3-89.3 million), 274,304 hospitalizations (range: 195,086-402,719), and 12,469 deaths (range: 8868-18,306) in the United States due to the (H1N1)pdm09 virus.

Honored Contributor

@Vivian No we're not getting a complete story. More tests equals more positives too, which some do not want happening.

As for cruises I wouldn't go on one right now. I'm sure they're very enjoyable, but I've never been on one. Petri dish for norovirus too. I had that once and it was brutal.

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Honored Contributor

@LoriLori wrote:

@ms traditional wrote:

Princess is suspending cruises until 5/10; Viking is cancelling until 5/1

Princess canceled their cruises only after the Broward Health Dept. (run by the state) finally let it out rather quietly that over half a million people who have embarked and disembarked from cruises or come here as a destination port have been hanging around this county for weeks.  

Tomorrow maybe they'll admit that counting the spring breakers and other tourists it will be several million.

What of all the servers and drivers and cooks and hotel workers and mall workers (the largest mall in Florida is here and believe it or not it's a huge tourist destination) and everyone else. 

This is a 100% tourist service economy here. Incredibly Disney World is still open.

It was quietly announced last night that a Broward EMT has come down with it because he attended an EMT convention in Tampa.  How many other paramedics at that convention have it.

Sure, most people recover but meanwhile they spread it.

All the elderly in Florida and the state is putting tourist dollars over lives.  And if Princess it took Dr. Fauci and a PR disaster to get Princess and now others to cancel.

Princess ships leave out of many, many ports.  I don't believe this had anything to do specifically with what is going on in Broward County.  I think it has more to do with the fact that Princess has had a terrible time with their ships being under quarantine since this all started.  

Disney and Viking also canceled cruises but none of the other major lines have. RCL, NCL, MSC still have ship after ship going out of ports all over the US.  Friday, Saturday and Sunday 5, 6 and 7 ships leave from Miami alone with thousands of people on each ship.  

Port of Baltimore is closed now and Virgin Voyages has moved their maiden voyage to July 15 but for the other lines, it's business as usual.

Honored Contributor

For anyone leaving on a cruise, new health screenings in place by cruise lines.

If you are over 70, you will not be allowed to board any cruise unless you have a doctors note stating you are cleared.

If you have any chronic health condition, regardless of your age, you will be questioned/screened further and a determination will be made if you are allowed to board.

I strongly suspect that as things continue, if this gets worse, all the cruiselines are going to have no choice but to stop sailings.  Ports are going to close and ships are going to be turned away and not allowed to dock at the vacation destinations.

It was either yesterday or the day before that a Royal Caribbean ship was turned away from St. Thomas.  

Honored Contributor

Just got an update from a cruise website stating that more ports are now closed.

Monterey and Santa Barbara, CA have closed its ports.

Astoria Washington is closed

And the biggest, Canada has closed all its ports to almost all cruise lines which will pretty much shut down Alasaka cruises. 

Respected Contributor

@Lipstickdiva  Astoria is in Oregon.  The ship that was held back off the coast of California with virus tested passengers was due to dock in Astoria coming up in a couple weeks, I forget the exact date, that thankfully was obviously canceled.