Respected Contributor

Re: And we have another cruise issue

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@Hoovermom wrote:

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@Free2be wrote:

I'm all about freedom, per my nic, obviously.  People wanting their cruise and willing to gamble the odds ought to go and I hope all goes well for them and everyone on board.  May the people serving them on the ship not be carriers of this virus and may all luck hold out for everyone.  Personally, I do believe it will be a matter of pure luck after the hard work of cleaning the ship and everyone's efforts, nobody infected.

When all of this blows over, I suppose those who are thorwing caution to the wind will have another war with those who took every precaution, especially if it passes sooner than expected.  I'd so much rather see that than more passengers held hostage to this virus on what they hoped to be wonderful vacations or rolled off on gurneys.

These ships will knock themselves out to keep everyone as safe as possible.  This virus will do everything possible to survive.  Play your hand and good luck.

@Free2be, I've been thinking the same thing, that there will be a gloating-fest. I also welcome that over those people or anyone else getting seriously ill.

@suzyQ3 :  A gloating-fest?  Really?  No we will all be so happy that it contained and people are getting the medical help that they deserve.

@Hoovermom, I've been posting here for eons, and although most people will feel as you do, there will be some who take the "I told you so" route. I would bet on that.

@suzyQ3 :  Look at all my posts and you will find I am not that person who says "see, I told you so". 

Honored Contributor

@Hoovermom wrote:

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@Hoovermom wrote:

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@Free2be wrote:

I'm all about freedom, per my nic, obviously.  People wanting their cruise and willing to gamble the odds ought to go and I hope all goes well for them and everyone on board.  May the people serving them on the ship not be carriers of this virus and may all luck hold out for everyone.  Personally, I do believe it will be a matter of pure luck after the hard work of cleaning the ship and everyone's efforts, nobody infected.

When all of this blows over, I suppose those who are thorwing caution to the wind will have another war with those who took every precaution, especially if it passes sooner than expected.  I'd so much rather see that than more passengers held hostage to this virus on what they hoped to be wonderful vacations or rolled off on gurneys.

These ships will knock themselves out to keep everyone as safe as possible.  This virus will do everything possible to survive.  Play your hand and good luck.

@Free2be, I've been thinking the same thing, that there will be a gloating-fest. I also welcome that over those people or anyone else getting seriously ill.

@suzyQ3 :  A gloating-fest?  Really?  No we will all be so happy that it contained and people are getting the medical help that they deserve.

@Hoovermom, I've been posting here for eons, and although most people will feel as you do, there will be some who take the "I told you so" route. I would bet on that.

@suzyQ3 :  Look at all my posts and you will find I am not that person who says "see, I told you so". 

@Hoovermom, I believe you. Seriously. I am not referencing you. :-)

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Valued Contributor

@LoriLori wrote:

You're either not an RN or poorly informed. 

@LoriLori  Wow! Sorry, but personally accusing another poster of something b/c you don't agree with what they said isn't very nice. Your opinion would have probably been better understood had you approached it in a calm manner, without putting someone else down in the process. JMO of course. 

~ Hope in TN ~
Honored Contributor

@RetRN wrote:

We have gotten through a crisis like this before, 

@RetRN 

We have?

I'm 60 & have lived in America my entire life....

and never have seen anything like this.

I'd be curious to see how you can expand on your opinion.

Honored Contributor

@sidsmom wrote:

@RetRN wrote:

@RetRN 

We have?

The closest thing I can think of, before my time but not before everyone in the forum's time, would be polio. That had the kind of impact on daily life like we are seeing now. Could be mistaken, not a disease historian!

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Since you are an expert I see no need for me to respond @sidsmom .

Honored Contributor

@RetRN wrote:

Since you are an expert I see no need for me to respond @sidsmom .

Sidsmom's Expert Opinion says, if one can't discuss, 'ya got nuthin. 

Esteemed Contributor

@RetRN wrote:

Lots of economic concerns are to be expected from something like this. We have gotten through a crisis like this before, and hopefully the same will happen with this one. It is a scary time especially for those over 60. Young people often see things differently and I know many are making travel plans because of the price reductions. 

I am watching hotel prices for a couple up coming trips. 

Someday, when scientists discover the center of the Universe....some people will be disappointed it is not them.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Porcelain wrote:

@sidsmom wrote:

@RetRN wrote:

@RetRN 

We have?

The closest thing I can think of, before my time but not before everyone in the forum's time, would be polio. That had the kind of impact on daily life like we are seeing now. Could be mistaken, not a disease historian!

@Porcelain 

That's a good comparison.

I was kinda/sorta thinking the AIDS outbreak in the 80s but

it didn't have the economic downfall. 
But as for the original 'like this before?'  Nope.

Esteemed Contributor

I thought of AIDS as a possible analogy also.  Especially before the general public understood more about transmission it was frightening.   But back then, being tested positive was almost certainly a death sentence, so this is not quite that