Honored Contributor

And the "Scam Emails" just keep coming today🙄 Just sharing

Earlier I got email my cc from BOA was compromised -- I don't have a cc with them

and tonight

email from Wells Fargo -- I don't have accounts with them either🙄

DD67A204-B9F1-4ED5-B66D-7ADBD48BF6A9.jpeg

Jst wanted to share!  Then again, with all the "duplicate" charges happening with Q today -- wonder if they have a breach🤔

Honored Contributor

Re: And the "Scam Emails" just keep coming today🙄 Just sharing

Cybercriminals crawl the web for the @ sign. They use sophisticated tools to scan the web and harvest email addresses. If you publicly post your email address online, they will find it.  

I never publicly posted my email address, but I have had a few of these emails in the past.  

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

I now get around 12 SCAM phone calls a day. They use my area code with different phone numbers, most of which are spoofed. They call early in the morning and wake me up.

Honored Contributor

@kivah.  You must be a prime target.  I never get calls like that.  Do you answer your phone?  I never answer unfamiliar numbers.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

Yeah, I just got a Complete your password reset request from Netflix.  And if I didn't request a password reset I can check my account at "link".  Yeah, no.  I don't have a Netflix account.  My spam filter usually catches that stuff.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I maybe get 12 calls a month.  I never answer my phone. I've never seen an email like that.   I wonder why some get all of this cr@p and others don't.

Esteemed Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@kivah.  You must be a prime target.  I never get calls like that.  Do you answer your phone?  I never answer unfamiliar numbers.

I'm sure they're hitting the SENIORS. I checked one phone number on-line and it was a company selling knee braces (they spoof all the numbers). Sometimes they use out of area phone numbers. It's very annoying.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I’ve gotten those type of emails before.  I frequently get spoof phone calls and they increased recently.  I think our names and contact info sometimes get sold unbeknownst to us.  I just delete both calls and email.

Honored Contributor

We never answer the phone if we don’t know the caller but still we get many a day.We just block those calls but we continue to get others.It must have something to do with where we shop or online browse.

Honored Contributor

I have finally stopped getting very many now that the open enrollment period is over. Major annoyance! Now will probably get the political ones from now until November. Ack!