Honored Contributor

And the latest scam is ...

[ Edited ]

Today, I received a phoney email. Right now, you can order free COVID tests through the post office. I've done so. They are in the middle of shipping out orders. The phoney email pretends to be from Medicare, and says that I should "CLAIM HERE" from them. Medicare on this one is misspelled MediCare. Here's a copy. Just a heads up to help protect us here. It claims to be coming from The MediCare Team. I've  never heard of a government agency refer to itself as a "team" in a formal mailing. A098CD46-ACA6-4CA1-882D-8228FC20C5E2.jpeg

Honored Contributor

Re: And the latest scam is ...

[ Edited ]

@Mindy D    The free tests shipped by the USPS was supposed to have ended in November or December when government Covid funding ended.  I got a notice from the USPS and quickly ordered some.  I believe there may be a provision now for Medicare recipients to receive free tests.

If its at no cost, how is it a scam?

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Super Contributor

Suspicious link, and hover over the sender address to see what it shows. 

Honored Contributor

There is another free (5 every month) covd tests called Project ACT (access covd tests) from the Rockefeller Foundation. My daughter showed it to me and I already ordered twice and received each month. Very easy to fill out and it is shipped I think by Amazon.

A wonderful source!

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Esteemed Contributor

It's bogus.  That address is to a Postnet which is similar to a UPS store.

"Visit your local PostNet center at 3556 S 5600 W in West Valley City, Utah. Your one stop for high quality copying, printing, shipping, and graphic design services."

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Mindy D    The free tests shipped by the USPS was supposed to have ended in November or December when government Covid funding ended.  I got a notice from the USPS and quickly ordered some.  I believe there may be a provision now for Medicare recipients to receive free tests.

If its at no cost, how is it a scam?

@Kachina624 

Free COVID test scam targets people on Medicare | Consumer Advice

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624  There's no guarantee this is legit. And "MediCare" is spelling wrong and Medicare never refers to itself as a team.

This is an attempt to get personal info. That's the reason for the link.

Respected Contributor

I automatically delete anything that says "claim here". Dead giveaway. 

Honored Contributor

@Love my grandkids    I still don't understand as you can get names and addresses out of phone books.  Maybe they're assembling lists for Medicare insurance solicitations?

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

I got this yesterday, just deleted it,i do not click on many things.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.