Honored Contributor

Re: And so, the storms have moved in and the fireworks have been cancelled....

I still have sun.

I had better finish up what I have to do before those storms come!

Respected Contributor

They keep threatening stormy conditions here in SW PA every day for the past week. Its hit or miss where we reside and at our house its been a miss. We here the thunder all around, but no rain.  I am actually hoping for some rain beause my garden beds could use it.  So far there have been no cancellations of the ballgames, parades and fireworks.  

Honored Contributor

@golding76  and other DC/VA/MD/PA ladies:  Curently I have sunshine and haze and HUMIDITY!!! Holy Moly, stay hydrated! 

However, if I look the other direction...dark, very very dark and brooding skies. No clue what will happen around 9pm. I know that many who set up on the lawn for the fireworks had major damage done to umbrellas, seats, coolers, blankets, etc with horrible rain we've had for the past 4 hours. Flash flooding as well and the streets were a mess. Food vendors had to shut down and many were damaged as well (all local news).

We'll see about tonight.....

Honored Contributor

I’m in Southern WV; 80 and sunny right now.    Around 2:00 we had thunder and a brief misty rain that wasn’t enough to get everything wet.  

Forecast keeps calling for extreme rainfall for this area this weekend, but not if it stays like this.    We need the rain.

Honored Contributor

We have an annual 4th July parade.  It got cancelled today.  humongous storms and rain.  And terrible heat.  Welcome to Summer.....

Respected Contributor

I would love to have some rain. Alaska is setting heat records . I pity the musk ox, bears and bison. So many wildfires we are stretched thin. No fireworks because of the wildfire danger.

Honored Contributor

Not to rub it in, but in the Seattle area it is just lovely! About 72....beautiful sunshine...it will be clear and in the upper 60’s come nightfall.  You are all welcome to come!🙂

Honored Contributor

For some reason Flemington, NJ has them every year on the third so we went last night.  We had a great spot....almost underneath them....and they were AWESOME!!!

Sorry to hear that they weather isn't cooperating today for some.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

When I dashed away from this thread at about 4:30 and worked on my final items (barbecued), I heard thunder rumbling in the distance.  Then the wind began to stir up a bit.  I came back inside for a half hour and then returned, putting on my coals, etc.  

Every now and again I felt a couple drops of rain but nothing came of it.  At about 7:30, flull-fledged showers began.  I imagine they are experiencing this on the National Mall or have already experienced this.

I just made it (finishing my food prep outside), but I doubt there will be fireworks tonight.

Trusted Contributor

Here in Utah it started raining and blowing around 2:00. Grandkids came over for dinner and it's still raining and blowing. I asked them what they wanted to do and they said they wanted to wait and see if or not they are still going to do fireworks.