Honored Contributor

I ordered a few things on Prime Day.  They were to be delivered today and that made me happy.  I love scented wax melts and my my electric melter died.  I was happy about the new one.  Well, I have been waiting all day. i was afraid to go out because I didn't want them to leave my items on the front or back steps.  Last month, they did that and somone walked off with my package of printer paper.   "Out for delivery" changed to delivery 4-6pm and that's where it stayed until 20 minutes ago when the driver finally arrived.  Now I have my stuff.  I can close the Amazon app, put on my jammies, make a cup of tea and relax.  

Honored Contributor

I placed my order about 30 minutes after Prime Day started and got all but one item Thursday.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Super Contributor

@chrystaltree  That's a great feeling! My prime day deliveries were different this time - one item came shipped USPS, two came UPS and the last through Amazon (but all were sold by Amazon, not an outside seller). 

You mentioned electric wax melters and I have been on the fence about this one for my mother in law - they always camped when their kids were young and I thought this one was cute for her. But I keep having second thoughts that it's too "kitschy" for an almost 90 year old lol!  Woman Very Happy

(BTW I use "Coffee" wax melts in my melter and my house smells like Starbucks!)

Screenshot 2020-10-17 213020.jpg

Respected Contributor

@Happy2BHere She will love it. Sometimes it is hard to buy for an older person.

Trusted Contributor

ah, i know the feeling well. received all of mine on thursday and today. 

Honored Contributor

@chessylady wrote:

She will love it. Sometimes it is hard to buy for an older person.

My 96 yr old mother nipped that in the bud on her 80th birthday.  She told EVERYBODY w/in ear shot that from this day forward all "gifts" are to be CHOCOLATE candy.  Anything else will be trashed or given away. Smiley LOL

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Trusted Contributor

My SIL's parents, who are both 80, always say " if we can't eat it, we don't need it". I like that one!

Honored Contributor

@Happy2BHere 

I think that would be perfect for someone who has fond memories of camping.  I'm using Fall scents in my melters.  Cranberry,  Cinnamon, Caramel.  One is Hot Cinnamon Rolls and hubby was so disappointed when he found out I hadn't actually made any....LOL

Honored Contributor

@chrystaltree 

I have specific instructions on my Amazon Prime Account which states exactly where I want all packages to be delivered. When it was delivered by UPS/USPS, or FedX, no problem at all.

I called them several times and changed the instructions. I put in "South Patio Porch in rear of house." Thought that was specific enough. Even last winter with 6" of snow, now we have a true ranch with end load 2 car garage, a very long house. 

The person walked all the full length of our house/to the East side huge deck, up 13 not shoveled stairs/onto our not shoveled deck/placed the package on a chair covered in snow.

Now to get to our patio room? Open our fence gate/walk on a shoveled side walk, less than 1/3 of the length of our house, and put on " a 2 step shoveled porch". Go figure! Don't know South from East or a huge deck from a small porch.

Also had them leave packages close to our closed 2 car garage door. Now we have a garage opener in our vehicles, and we do not open the garage door until we are seat belted in. Why would we think a package might be right by the door?

Fortunately when I see "delivered" and it is not on our patio porch? The very 1st place I look is our driveway. In either our high SUV of gas miser low to the ground car, no way you would see a package sitting a few feet away and below mirror sight.

Still check when i see delivered, but 99% of the time they get the package to where we want them delivered. A long story? Of course! 😎

hckynut 

hckynut(john)
Respected Contributor

Re: And now I can relax....

[ Edited ]

Unfortunately on Amazon Prime day we in the Seattle had a big windstorm come through and, as usually happens when we get one of those things, we had a power failure. I had a thing or two I wanted to order but...oh what the heck, there's always Amazon Woman Wink