Honored Contributor

I figured that was going to happen.  

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

I think Qurate is short-sighted in not keeping HSN as separate and distinct from QVC. 

I liked that HSN was different. For me, making it another Q has reduced my choices. I just don’t see the advantage of it for customers.

Super Contributor

@2blonde  I also will.  I ordered the pink zit stuff for my daughter.  That stuff works great.  I think Evine will be the new HSN.  Wonder if Andrew Lessman will go over there??

Respected Contributor

@Dar321 wrote:

@2blonde  I also will.  I ordered the pink zit stuff for my daughter.  That stuff works great.  I think Evine will be the new HSN.  Wonder if Andrew Lessman will go over there??

@Dar321  Good question.  I don't particularly care for Evine's pricing policies and shipping charges, so I'd prefer he stay at HSN.  I'm pretty well stocked on Andrew and Jennifer right now, but I will still be watching Jen tonight and this weekend.  I'm curious about Evine's pricing on SSC items.

Laura loves cats!
Respected Contributor

@Dar321  I just saw where the Dri-Lo 2-pack is available as a "must have" for $29.50 (thought you'd be interested).

Laura loves cats!
Honored Contributor

@cyw_3825 wrote:
HSN had so many distinct & different qualities. I turned to HSN over QVC for different reasons, but now, no more. HSN is becoming a clone of QVC. Maybe it’s time to slow down my buying on both channels. I’m missing HSN’s uniqueness.

Thank you for this post @cyw_3825 as this captures exactly what I have been thinking/feeling.  HSN had their own unique products and ways of selling them.  We have QVC's and to a much smaller extent Evine's footprints in terms of what vendors they prefer, what gets on air and how often.  I always felt like HSN had a more level playing field and also offered much better perks for shoppers.  For me, it seems like somebody is slowing letting the air out of HSN's balloon.

Honored Contributor

@CinNC wrote:

I'm very sad about it also. Have been watching the prices of my favorites/clearance go up. 

I was checking out the prices of Jade of Yesteryear and wow prices have almost doubled.  I am so glad I bought pieces when I did.  I love the vender  .she is so interesting to listen to.  She explains everything about Jade.

Honored Contributor

@momtochloe wrote:

@cyw_3825 wrote:
HSN had so many distinct & different qualities. I turned to HSN over QVC for different reasons, but now, no more. HSN is becoming a clone of QVC. Maybe it’s time to slow down my buying on both channels. I’m missing HSN’s uniqueness.

Thank you for this post @cyw_3825 as this captures exactly what I have been thinking/feeling.  HSN had their own unique products and ways of selling them.  We have QVC's and to a much smaller extent Evine's footprints in terms of what vendors they prefer, what gets on air and how often.  I always felt like HSN had a more level playing field and also offered much better perks for shoppers.  For me, it seems like somebody is slowing letting the air out of HSN's balloon.

I agree.  I use to watch HSN a lot, now not so much.

Honored Contributor

I don't shop either of them much any more, but like others, I figured eventually Qurate would dilute HSN... Great, just what we shoppers needed... A couple more TV channels steeped in repetition, hyperbole and typically as dull as ditch water... And another retail entity that offers virtually no real or meaningful sale prices or other incentives for their customers... 

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Super Contributor

And now, Andrews vitamins are on QVC's website....becoming one and the same slowly, but surely....sigh