Honored Contributor

Re: And a nother nice delivery from Instacart!

I did great with Kroger pickup until they were out of more things on my list than they actually had. I switched to pickup at another Kroger not very far away and they have the pickup process much more streamlined. I hate going in the store and this is so easy...but sometimes I do like to pick out my own produce, etc.
Esteemed Contributor

Re: And another nice delivery from Instacart!

@VaBelle35 wrote:

I follow the shopper online and can watch what goes in the cart as they are shopping and when they make a replacement I have to approve it or not approve it and then they put it back and refund my money.

I do this also.  It worked out ok, just time consuming.  Reaching Instacart customer service is not easy though.

I can't get a slot with Peapod.  It's been months.

The fees and tip add up to a lot of money in my book, so I am hoping I can go back to shopping sooner than later.  

Grocery prices continue to get higher.  Very big jumps in April.

Esteemed Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

@Snoopp wrote:

What size order are most of you doing on instacart?  My fees are $40.00 and upward.  

@Snoopp 

My orders average around 30 items.... (I get paper products and cleaning products from another store, not my grocery store)....  Since Im an Express Member I dont pay a delivery fee only the service fee which is usually less than $2....plus my tip

Thanks.  I need to become an Express member then.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@fancy pantsy wrote:

i used instacart three times.  first two times were perfect.  last time was not!   the app showed my order as having been delivered, and it was not.   i was charged the whole amount, and it is not possible to reach CS by phone (due to the corona virus) and i spent HOURS trying to get through, and then turned to sending several emails and messages.  no reply or acknowledgement at all of their error.  i then spent an hour on the phone with my bank/credit card company, and they took care of it.  but, yikes.   big mistake, and no way of reaching them?   

oh, and btw:   i never did recieve any kind of reply or acknowledgement  but they did EVENTUALLY remove the charge.  

I had a no-so-great experience with an Instacart shopper, but might have given them another chance.  Except I had a bad CS experience too.

My shopper was terrible, made the experience pretty stressful, and cost me more money than I had wanted to spend.  The next day I got an email from Instacart notifying me that an address had been added to my account, and I should let them know immediately if I didn't add it.  I hadn't added it, so I reached out to them right away.  And there was no way to speak to anyone.  The only option was thru their chat, where I waited for nearly an hour, had a rep say she'd be right back, and then the chat timed out.  This happened three times.  I was in a bit of a panic because it seemed as though someone had gotten into my account.

I did everything I could to delete the added address, and when that didn't work, I deleted my credit card information and changed my password.  I have attempted to reach Instacart several times since then, with no luck whatsoever.

There's no way I will do business with a company that clearly was aware someone had access to my account, and then left me hanging. They contacted me about this issue - not the other way around!   If I can't reach a company's CS for any reason (not just something as serious as this), that's it for me.  I will not do business with any company that operates that way.

Respected Contributor

@suzyQ3  Amazon Fresh "shops" at an Amazon warehouse.  

Respected Contributor

@songbird wrote:

@VaBelle35 @judy0330 @mousiegirl @alicedee @hopi  I think it's the shopper too.  I only got one that was bit careless.  Since then they have been great!  I get my shopping with Giants & Wegmans.  I haven't tried Costco yet.  i always pick "fast & flexible" button to start.  I start it in the morning  (pick my food the night before) and I usually get the food before noon.  I work at home too.  So I like to stay there.  

I was with Amazon Fresh for nearly 3 years.  It all got ruined by thousands of people that jumped on it when the pandemic struck. It became impossible to find a slot.  I doubt I'll ever back to it.  The free Instacart delivery is so worth it, if you do weekly shopping. 

Free Instacart Delivery?  When did that happen?  I am paying 9.99 a month for Instacart ExPress.  Why get that if they have free delivery?

Trusted Contributor

@songbird wrote:

I've become such of a fan of this.   I've been with them since this pandemic started.  There were a few hic ups in the beginning.  But ever since, it's been smooth sailing.  Just got the delivery 10 minutes ago.  Got most of what I wanted.  And all the replacements were approved.  The shopper kept in touch with me the entire time.  And my itemized receipt came in.  

I only joined it for the pandemic, but I like it so much I will stay with them.  I have the free delivery too.  I still can't find a delivery slot from Amazon, but now I like Instacart better.  

I had another delivery about three hours ago-it's about my 10th order and  have not one regret-love it!!  I will continue to use it!!

Honored Contributor

@Snoopp wrote:

@Spurt wrote:

@Snoopp wrote:

What size order are most of you doing on instacart?  My fees are $40.00 and upward.  

@Snoopp 

My orders average around 30 items.... (I get paper products and cleaning products from another store, not my grocery store)....  Since Im an Express Member I dont pay a delivery fee only the service fee which is usually less than $2....plus my tip

Thanks.  I need to become an Express member then.

I also have Express.  It's worth it if you make weekly food shopping.

Respected Contributor

I had someone doing my shopping but decided to go myself this morning at 6 am.

I was pleasantly surprised. Wipes at the carts and cashiers wearing masks. I wore one too and most customers were wearing them. They make sure you stand back in line until the last person leaves the register. 

They had everything on my list and it was a big one.

Lots of meat, chicken, pork etc.

Milk, eggs, bread, fruits and veggies. 

TP, wipes, sanitizer, paper towels, kleenix etc.

Prices weren't that bad either. 

About 4 people in the store shopping. 

Hen House grocery store with a couple of other stores. Clean and nice.

I planted a garden this year and bought a little weber grill so I will be cooking out today. ☼☼☼

Super Contributor

A silver lining to all of this has been my discovery of all of the online options available.  I'm in love with Instacart and wish I had discovered it sooner.