Honored Contributor

Re: And another nice delivery from Instacart!

@Snoopp wrote:

What size order are most of you doing on instacart?  My fees are $40.00 and upward.  

@Snoopp 

My orders average around 30 items.... (I get paper products and cleaning products from another store, not my grocery store)....  Since Im an Express Member I dont pay a delivery fee only the service fee which is usually less than $2....plus my tip

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

Fortunately, if you hit "report problem" when you get your receipt you can request a refund and they are quick to respond. 

Honored Contributor

I've been VERY HAPPY with Instacart...I stay alert with my APP on hand to follow my shopper. If neither my item nor my preferred replacement is available, the shopper will take a picture of the shelf and whats on hand and asks ME to select which one I want....  I usually communicate through text with my shopper.....  Its worked out well!!!  

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@goldensrbest wrote:

I used a few times ,but so much more in store,than you can order from them,i  am shopping myself.  

@goldensrbest 

I can order anything from my HEB grocery store with Instacart....when my coffee pot went kapput, I ordered one from Instacart....even birthday wrapping paper....

Honored Contributor

@Snoopp 

I looked back at last Friday's order.  The order total was $55.97 and the fee was $1.06 and then you have the tip on top of that.  The market I use had Instacart in place before and it a local store not a chain store.  While that sounds like a deal I know they raise the prices for delivery items.  My logic here is I am not getting my hair cut, going out to lunch or dinner or to movies and plays, etc.

Honored Contributor

I've been using Instacart for the last few months too and not a problem with anything at all. My order comes earlier than the 2 hour time frame and while I have had to substitute a few things--they are were acceptable and love that I can chat with my shopper as he/she is shopping---I think you spend more for tip and delivery and whatever the other charges are but worth it for me. and I like that you can pick which store to shop at--a few of the stores I have never shopped before--kind of fun to try them out. I have been doing my grocery shopping for years like this--mostly from Safeway and they are one of the worse ones to deal with------

Respected Contributor

i used instacart three times.  first two times were perfect.  last time was not!   the app showed my order as having been delivered, and it was not.   i was charged the whole amount, and it is not possible to reach CS by phone (due to the corona virus) and i spent HOURS trying to get through, and then turned to sending several emails and messages.  no reply or acknowledgement at all of their error.  i then spent an hour on the phone with my bank/credit card company, and they took care of it.  but, yikes.   big mistake, and no way of reaching them?   

oh, and btw:   i never did recieve any kind of reply or acknowledgement  but they did EVENTUALLY remove the charge.  

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@fancy pantsy wrote:

i used instacart three times.  first two times were perfect.  last time was not!   the app showed my order as having been delivered, and it was not.   i was charged the whole amount, and it is not possible to reach CS by phone (due to the corona virus) and i spent HOURS trying to get through, and then turned to sending several emails and messages.  no reply or acknowledgement at all of their error.  i then spent an hour on the phone with my bank/credit card company, and they took care of it.  but, yikes.   big mistake, and no way of reaching them?   

oh, and btw:   i never did recieve any kind of reply or acknowledgement  but they did EVENTUALLY remove the charge.  

Interesting. I've never tried to contact them by phone. I wait until they send me an email saying my order was delivered and then I use the "Report a problem" (or something similar) button. My response was almost instantaneous. 

Honored Contributor

Re: And a nother nice delivery from Instacart!

@Sushismom wrote:

@songbird wrote:

@VaBelle35 @judy0330 @mousiegirl @alicedee @hopi  I think it's the shopper too.  I only got one that was bit careless.  Since then they have been great!  I get my shopping with Giants & Wegmans.  I haven't tried Costco yet.  i always pick "fast & flexible" button to start.  I start it in the morning  (pick my food the night before) and I usually get the food before noon.  I work at home too.  So I like to stay there.  

I was with Amazon Fresh for nearly 3 years.  It all got ruined by thousands of people that jumped on it when the pandemic struck. It became impossible to find a slot.  I doubt I'll ever back to it.  The free Instacart delivery is so worth it, if you do weekly shopping. 

I, too, was using Amazon Fresh for a couple years. Then, I found it was almost impossible to get a delivery date. 

For the most part, I'm happy with Instacart, although it really depends on the shopper. The vast majority of shoppers I've received have been great.

@Sushismom, at least my area (SoCal), it's much easier now to get Amazon Fresh delivery. I placed a small order that night, and it was delivered before 7a.m. this morning. It's free over $35, which I can hit just with buying three large bags of my favorite coffee -- at a good price, too.

I wonder where they shop. No stores locally are open that early anymore.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Respected Contributor

Re: And a nother nice delivery from Instacart!

@suzyQ3 

Lucky you! Still no delivery dates for me up in NorCal. I usually keep a small order available to check out the delivery dates.