Honored Contributor

Re: And a nother nice delivery from Instacart!

Been using Instacart too.  Most of the time it works out very well.  I shouldn't be going into  stores now.  Have another order coming this morning.  I do my own cooking and don't order take-out food unless my kids are here for a visit.

Honored Contributor

I am also using Instacart.  I have got a system now so that I get a delivery every Friday from grocery store.  I also get a couple of deliveries a month from Costco.  I actually like going to the grocery store so I am looking forward to when I can safely again.  

Respected Contributor

Re: And another nice delivery from Instacart!

I've ordered through Kroger and HEB. I have been mostly pleased. A few subs I had to shake my head at. No one is calling asking whether a sub is ok right now. I think they're too busy. What I do really like is them having to hunt down all the items to make a recipe that calls for many items and not me doing that. What I don't like is getting only some of the items I need for the recipes. I think I'm going to try pick up this week because I didn't get some things on my delivery earlier in the week. What I do find odd is that my deliveries from Kroger come from the farthest Kroger from me. I guess the ones closer to me aren't doing delivery just pickup. 

Esteemed Contributor

I've used Instacart several times.Your experience is definitely connected to the competency & motivation of your shopper. My experience has been mixed.Some shoppers were wonderful, going out of their way to get me what I wanted.Some were terrible including  replacements that I turned down.

I use Peapod. They deliver from Stop & Shop.I've been very happy with them.Better prices & no service charges which can get expensive.   I've been getting free delivery  which will be expiring next week. After that the delivery fee will only be $7. I get most of what I order.I purchase paper products online .

Esteemed Contributor

What size order are most of you doing on instacart?  My fees are $40.00 and upward.  

Respected Contributor

@songbird wrote:

@VaBelle35 @judy0330 @mousiegirl @alicedee @hopi  I think it's the shopper too.  I only got one that was bit careless.  Since then they have been great!  I get my shopping with Giants & Wegmans.  I haven't tried Costco yet.  i always pick "fast & flexible" button to start.  I start it in the morning  (pick my food the night before) and I usually get the food before noon.  I work at home too.  So I like to stay there.  

I was with Amazon Fresh for nearly 3 years.  It all got ruined by thousands of people that jumped on it when the pandemic struck. It became impossible to find a slot.  I doubt I'll ever back to it.  The free Instacart delivery is so worth it, if you do weekly shopping. 

I, too, was using Amazon Fresh for a couple years. Then, I found it was almost impossible to get a delivery date. 

For the most part, I'm happy with Instacart, although it really depends on the shopper. The vast majority of shoppers I've received have been great.

Honored Contributor

I used a few times ,but so much more in store,than you can order from them,i  am shopping myself.  

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Respected Contributor

@goldensrbest wrote:

I used a few times ,but so much more in store,than you can order from them,i  am shopping myself.  

Which is great IF YOU CAN. Some people, however, aren't able to go to the store. 

Honored Contributor

@Sushismom wrote:

@goldensrbest wrote:

Which is great IF YOU CAN. Some people, however, aren't able to go to the store. 

Yes, i know.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Lali1 wrote:

I've ordered through Kroger and HEB. I have been mostly pleased. A few subs I had to shake my head at. No one is calling asking whether a sub is ok right now. I think they're too busy. What I do really like is them having to hunt down all the items to make a recipe that calls for many items and not me doing that. What I don't like is getting only some of the items I need for the recipes. I think I'm going to try pick up this week because I didn't get some things on my delivery earlier in the week. What I do find odd is that my deliveries from Kroger come from the farthest Kroger from me. I guess the ones closer to me aren't doing delivery just pickup. 

@Lali1 

I think sometimes your order goes to the store that has the most products in-stock.... I know my shopper switched names on me because I have 3 stores in my area which they can shop from....If one of the stores has empty shelves, then another shopper at another store picks it up.,...

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”