Trusted Contributor

Re: And another nice delivery from Instacart!

for me there is pros and cons

pro: saves me time

not lugging in bags from the street

good for shopping pantry items

cons:

can't see or choose protiens (chicken, fish, beef,etc)

last time was not my choices

cannot view fruits and vegs

you are dependant on the shopper and if they are not experienced picking out you get not what you would pick out

if you dont join the monthly membership it is costly and you must order $35 worth

lastly they do not accept food assistance card

Honored Contributor

@northiie57 wrote:

for me there is pros and cons

pro: saves me time

not lugging in bags from the street

good for shopping pantry items

cons:

can't see or choose protiens (chicken, fish, beef,etc)

last time was not my choices

cannot view fruits and vegs

you are dependant on the shopper and if they are not experienced picking out you get not what you would pick out

if you dont join the monthly membership it is costly and you must order $35 worth

lastly they do not accept food assistance card

@northiie57, until I hit on your last con, I was pretty much thinking that delivery is still the safe way to go. We will continue with it for the time being, and although we're fussy, we've been okay with it.

But for the life of me, I can't see the reason for not being able to accept any form of assistance.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I'd imagine that during what we might now think back on as the best of times... the delivery service was a wonderful idea and one I wish I'd happened upon back then. Fast forward to now and while it might be an even better idea, in terms of personal safety, the downside for me is product availability and the make or break for me comes down to what store and what service best fulfills my orders with the least amount of intrusion into my life and requiring the least amount of guidance from me. I've tried three services and have a fourth on hold (Amazon Fresh), where it'll stay simply because their offerings are slim. Of those I've used, so far, Safeway (which uses both its own employees and third party vendors) has done the all around best job. Peapod has also done a good job. Instacart, for me, just didn't work out...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Respected Contributor

@Sushismom wrote:

@fancy pantsy wrote:

i used instacart three times.  first two times were perfect.  last time was not!   the app showed my order as having been delivered, and it was not.   i was charged the whole amount, and it is not possible to reach CS by phone (due to the corona virus) and i spent HOURS trying to get through, and then turned to sending several emails and messages.  no reply or acknowledgement at all of their error.  i then spent an hour on the phone with my bank/credit card company, and they took care of it.  but, yikes.   big mistake, and no way of reaching them?   

oh, and btw:   i never did recieve any kind of reply or acknowledgement  but they did EVENTUALLY remove the charge.  

Interesting. I've never tried to contact them by phone. I wait until they send me an email saying my order was delivered and then I use the "Report a problem" (or something similar) button. My response was almost instantaneous. 

yes, i used the 'report a problem' more than once.  there was no indication that my 'report' was rec'd 

Honored Contributor

@fancy pantsy wrote:

@Sushismom wrote:

@fancy pantsy wrote:

i used instacart three times.  first two times were perfect.  last time was not!   the app showed my order as having been delivered, and it was not.   i was charged the whole amount, and it is not possible to reach CS by phone (due to the corona virus) and i spent HOURS trying to get through, and then turned to sending several emails and messages.  no reply or acknowledgement at all of their error.  i then spent an hour on the phone with my bank/credit card company, and they took care of it.  but, yikes.   big mistake, and no way of reaching them?   

oh, and btw:   i never did recieve any kind of reply or acknowledgement  but they did EVENTUALLY remove the charge.  

Interesting. I've never tried to contact them by phone. I wait until they send me an email saying my order was delivered and then I use the "Report a problem" (or something similar) button. My response was almost instantaneous. 

yes, i used the 'report a problem' more than once.  there was no indication that my 'report' was rec'd 

I have only used the "report a problem" twice.  Once because a pint of ice cream was not delivered but charged and another time because I got the email that my order had been delivered and it hadn't - turned out the shopper hit the wrong button and the order came about 1/2 hour later.  They gave me credits for both problems.  

Honored Contributor

@GenXmuse wrote:

Fortunately, if you hit "report problem" when you get your receipt you can request a refund and they are quick to respond. 

@GenXmuse   Not for me, havn't heard from Instacart regarding my last report problem and requesting a refund.

Respected Contributor

@GenXmuse wrote:

Fortunately, if you hit "report problem" when you get your receipt you can request a refund and they are quick to respond. 

Same with me when I've reported problems twice. Both times, items were missing from my order. 

Respected Contributor

DH and I are thinking of doing that (with Instacart) when we're settled at our summer place this year, because there's only one Wegmans there.

What worries you masters you.
Honored Contributor

@mousiegirl wrote:

@GenXmuse wrote:

@GenXmuse   Not for me, havn't heard from Instacart regarding my last report problem and requesting a refund.

I'm sorry. I have good luck but I realize not everyone has the same experience. Guess it's back to the grocery store 

Honored Contributor

I follow the shopper online and can watch what goes in the cart as they are shopping and when they make a replacement I have to approve it or not approve it and then they put it back and refund my money.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN