Esteemed Contributor

Re: And We Are Off, Our Snow Just Started.

@CrazyKittyLvr2  Those busy, tiring and wonderful snow days when the kids were little. We kept a drying rack in front of the fireplace for hats and gloves, and kept the clothes dryer going for the pants and coats. And, yes, you are right. At our age the snow is better experienced from inside the house.

Respected Contributor

Western PA here.  We are 35 miles north of Pittsburgh.  Its been snowing since around 9:30 am. 

We have a large elevated deck off the kitchen.  I've cleared if off 3 times and my DH did it once.  Each time there has been at least 2 inches; sometimes 3.  i don't like the snow to build up because of the weight.  Its also less strenuous doing it every to 2 hours .

Honored Contributor

@Allegheny I go out periodically to clean the first step of my porch, as I have a fear of the snow piling up and not being able to open the door.

Esteemed Contributor

Trusted Contributor

SW PA here, about 7 miles south of Pittsburgh. It's been snowing here since about 9:30 this morning. Not a heavy snow, but a steady snow. We have about 7 inches so far, and it's still snowing. I went to the store yesterday for some baking essentials. Today I baked cookies all afternoon. Tomorrow I will bake my snicker doodles and probably stay in all day again. I did have my dog out today. He cracks me up. Zeke is 12, mostly blind, mostly deaf, and he still loves the snow! He barks for you to throw him a snowball, but since he can't see, you have to gently hit him with it. He goes crazy and springs up and down, then eats it. The first time I saw him do that, I said to my husband, that's why they're called Springer Spaniels! We did that for awhile, then he got tired and wanted to come in. We'll do it again tomorrow.❄️☃️

Respected Contributor

@CrazyKittyLvr2 wrote:

DD just yelled down that the snow started.  It's light and barely visible right now.

DD's office was closing at 1:00 so since she had lunch from 12 to 1 she left a noon.  She is working from home for the rest of the day and tomorrow as well.

I'm curious just how much we really end up with.They said tonight it could fall at 2 or 3 inches an hour.  It is to be that light fluffy snow. Much easier to shovel that the stuff that is like wet cement.

How many days until spring?  LOL

Sorry, I didn't see your post.  We started getting it around 4:00pm.  It is now 6:00am and we're at the tail end of it.  Very high winds and still snowing but light snow.  VERY cold and Friday will only be in the teens.  Yesterday was my birthday and I worried all day about it.  I worry about the power going out and the house.  Yes, how many days until spring?  Good post.  I actually don't like the warm weather but I DO NOT like snow storms.  They scare me.  The warm weather brings humidity but I guess that does not scare me.  LOL!

Honored Contributor

I feel for all you guys.  Pace yourselves if you shovel, you know how that goes.

Honored Contributor

@CrazyKittyLvr2   Oh no, you broke your hip??? Not good. Be careful, like that needs to be said, right?