Esteemed Contributor

And We Are Off, Our Snow Just Started.

DD just yelled down that the snow started.  It's light and barely visible right now.

DD's office was closing at 1:00 so since she had lunch from 12 to 1 she left a noon.  She is working from home for the rest of the day and tomorrow as well.

I'm curious just how much we really end up with.They said tonight it could fall at 2 or 3 inches an hour.  It is to be that light fluffy snow. Much easier to shovel that the stuff that is like wet cement.

How many days until spring?  LOL

Honored Contributor

Re: And We Are Off, Our Snow Just Started.

Ours has started too, and it looks like it means business. 

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

@CrazyKittyLvr2 wrote:

DD just yelled down that the snow started.  It's light and barely visible right now.

DD's office was closing at 1:00 so since she had lunch from 12 to 1 she left a noon.  She is working from home for the rest of the day and tomorrow as well.

I'm curious just how much we really end up with.They said tonight it could fall at 2 or 3 inches an hour.  It is to be that light fluffy snow. Much easier to shovel that the stuff that is like wet cement.

@CrazyKittyLvr2 I always feel Fall gets short changed. Technically it's not Winter yet, Fall starts around September 21, we still get Summer like weather, then in December it gets cold early, so not much Fall weather. And why does Winter seem to be the longest of the four seasons ( probably because I hate it so much)?

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

I'm envious.  Our skies are blue with nary a cloud in sight.  Very cold and windy, however.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Jordan2 wrote:

@CrazyKittyLvr2 wrote:

@CrazyKittyLvr2 I always feel Fall gets short changed. Technically it's not Winter yet, Fall starts around September 21, we still get Summer like weather, then in December it gets cold early, so not much Fall weather. And why does Winter seem to be the longest of the four seasons ( probably because I hate it so much)?

@Jordan2 Move to Mississippi, Lousiana, Texas, Florida, South Carolina, Georgia, Alabama and you will wonder if summer ever ends.  

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

I saw my first snowflake at 12 noon, on the dot.  Right now it is snowing like crazy and so windy visibility is limited.  Light covering in the street, more on the lawn and deck.  My Spencer The Beagle will not be happy going out later this afternoon to do his thing.  No, he will not linger!  (I'm in northern Delaware near 95.)

Esteemed Contributor

A steady rain in VA. South of Richmond. VERY COLD rain at 47, stopping at 10 pm then 33 tonight and sunny tomorrow. 
  I'm glad it's not snow, people here drive terribly in it! 
   Y'all take care up there and keep safe & warm!

🌧 🌨☃️❄️🌬⛄️

Esteemed Contributor

@Jordan2   I agree 100% about fall.  It is my absolute favorite season. There is nothing like a cool (not cold) fall day with blue skies and the leaves at their peak. Septembers can be downright hot, October is usually good and November, well, we usually get one snowfall and cold weather starts.

Winter just drags on and on.  I like seeing the leaves in the spring and those first spring flowers but there is usually a ton of mud.  Summers have gotten too hot and humid.

Esteemed Contributor

@1Snickers   People here forget how to drive in the snow from one year to the next.

Respected Contributor

Here, too, in my part of PA. Not looking forwrd to this at all.