Esteemed Contributor

Re: An update on dogs in the grocery store

@Trinity11 wrote:

@tends2dogs wrote:

I wish the OP would have her "DH" contact the proper authorities about the kids you see playing hide and seek  in the toilet paper and paper towel sections of stores.....touching all the packages with runny noses, etc.  Also the kids that push under the racks of clothes, running the clothes across their faces (nose and mouth) all the while their parents are obliviously texting or talking on the phone.  The clerks in these stores appear helpless to do anything about it.  Maybe the OP's DH could get some quick action about this problem??!!

I have never seen children acting the way you are describing. Just because the OP wrote something about dogs does not mean that children should be attacked.

I really dislike every time someone says Boo about dogs, there has to be a disparaging reply about kids.

@Trinity11  You must shop at better stores than I do.  I am talking about Walmart and TJ MAXX (both  Mi and in FL).    I am not attacking the children, but the parents of these children.  They need to wake up and be parents.  Perhaps this should be a different thread altogether.  My apologies........really.

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Esteemed Contributor

@CouponQueen wrote:

My sister reported something to the DOH once and they in fact did return her call and update her on the situation so I believe it happens. 

Also - Weights and Measures Dept in a local county was called about an issue of firewood and if it was being sold as marked in the right quanity. Some where disputing it was what was stated as it was in a bag and not stacked. They not only got back to the person in question..they went to the company (it was small husband/wife owned) informed them they were there for the report of wood and customers thinking they were shorted by the way they were bagged. They placed what was a 1/2 cord of wood in a bag and it was indeed what they stated..they then even let the owners take a picture of their report along with the wood stacked and placed in the bag..they then posted it on Facebook and flyers around town...

I think it depends on the locale..

As for the original topic..I too have noticed NON Service animals in many stores...sorry I find it yuck to place infants and children much less food in a basket where they have dogs laying...In Kohls once this lady took the double twin stroller and put two dogs in ..one in each one..butt down ..and people put their little children in that stroller. Sorry  I get they love their pooch..but we do not ..leave him at home where he is more comfy..

Also, some places do offer wipes to wipe down the carts..it is little wipes more so for the cart handles and not doing a complete wash down..!

I have said this before and will say it again. Posters here often do not post in response to the post but to the person. If somebody annoys you that much ..life is short...ignore them!

Thank you

Someday, when scientists discover the center of the Universe....some people will be disappointed it is not them.
Esteemed Contributor

http://www.accessibilitynewsinternational.com/no-dogs-in-shopping-carts-service-dog-owners-hail-clar...

No dogs in carts. Therapy dogs are not service dogs and do not have the same privileges.

Respected Contributor

I've seen a cart washing service a few times. It looks like a portable car wash for grocery carts.  I don't know how often that stores do that 

Honored Contributor

@bri20 wrote:

I've seen a cart washing service a few times. It looks like a portable car wash for grocery carts.  I don't know how often that stores do that 

@bri20 I need a complete list of stores that offer this service as I just had the worst cart I have ever encountered earlier today as it literally was the first time I was skeeved out by a cart and no wipe were available . . . I think I spent 10 minutes between washing my hands and wiping down my car et al (and I am not a germaphobe but sometimes you just know) . . . Smiley Happy

Eeek.

ps, Mariano's is opening a store were the KMart used to be on Roosevelt Road and Finley . . . Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@mstyrion 1 wrote:

@QueenDanceALot wrote:

@Carmie wrote:

I think it is very unusual for any agency to get back to you telling you the details of their findings.

I have over the years reported unhealthy conditions and even child abuse.

AlI ever received in return was a letter stating that they investigated the issue.  There were no details telling me of their findings or solutions.

This is impossible for me to beleive.  Sorry.

Plus, this reply took only, what, a couple weeks?

I don't think so.

UP WITH DOGGIES!!!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Any criticism of this ridiculous thread seems to go up in smoke.

I also think this is one big, baiting fairy tale of a thread

I look at it this way.  We're providing the OP with some obviously much needed entertainment.

It's a public service!!

Respected Contributor

@momtochloe, it was the Jewel in Villa Park on St Charles and the Jewel in Lombard on Main.   

OMG, I love Mariano's.   Have you ever been in one?   It's better than Whole Foods.   I go to the Elmhurst store almost every day.   Lol

That's a great location for a Mariano's.   Thanks for letting me know.    

Honored Contributor

@bri20 wrote:

@momtochloe, it was the Jewel in Villa Park on St Charles and the Jewel in Lombard on Main.   

OMG, I love Mariano's.   Have you ever been in one?   It's better than Whole Foods.   I go to the Elmhurst store almost every day.   Lol

That's a great location for a Mariano's.   Thanks for letting me know.    

@bri20 that is my favorite store, so well run.  I drive a couple of miles out of my way to shop there!

I love Mariano's and agree they are better than Whole Foods.  I have never been disappointed by them so I was thrilled when I saw the sign yesterday . . . happy to share the good news my friend!  Smiley Happy

Trusted Contributor

Wow, a lot of people go to a lot of effort to shop.  I've never thought of wearing gloves (I'd probably spontaniously combust) and I don't think I've ever wiped down a cart in my life.  I shop, go home and wash my hands and I don't believe I've ever become ill from a cart.

Honored Contributor

@Phantom41 wrote:

@Cakers3 wrote:

@Phantom41 wrote:

Seems like a lot of trouble to go through just because you saw a dog in a store.  The dogs are probably cleaner than a lot of people.

@Phantom41   In her original thread she said that there was a senior housing next to this store and that the store was (paraphrasing) overrun with dogs- dogs in carts, dogs in produce-dogs, dogs, everywhere.

The thread then morphed into lectures about service dogs vs. companion dogs.  Again,

For the maybe 10th time??

LOL

Ok, but I have a hard time picturing a store overrun with animals unless it's Petsmart!

So do most of us have a hard time buying it.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all