Super Contributor

An odd place to find hand sanitizer

was at a local auto parts store as well as the hardware store.

My neighbor told me, but i’m sticking w soap.

Just passing the tip on!

Respected Contributor

Re: An odd place to find hand sanitizer

My daughter told me she went to a couple large grocery stores and no toilet paper. She stopped to get gas on the way home and the little store in the gas station had toilet paper.  I guess we have to think outside the box now. 

Honored Contributor

Useful and important information, thanks!

Hubs found toilet paper at Family Dollar (it was rationed to 4 rolls per household, which is fine) when it was sold out everywhere else.  I was surprised it was still there.

Frequent Contributor

My daughter-in-law found toilet paper at Staples.

Honored Contributor

We saw Saturday on CBS Saturday Morning a story on a craft liquor 'brewery' if you will, now ALL ON THEIR OWN with no prodding from the govt to stop the liquor and create hand sanitizers.  WHAT A CONCEPT!!!!

Trusted Contributor

@PINKdogWOOD wrote:

We saw Saturday on CBS Saturday Morning a story on a craft liquor 'brewery' if you will, now ALL ON THEIR OWN with no prodding from the govt to stop the liquor and create hand sanitizers.  WHAT A CONCEPT!!!!

@PINKdogWOOD  Do you know the name of that distillary or where it was? The reason that I ask is that the distillary in our town has just said that they are doing that. Since it's in Illinois and we are shut down, I imagine it's also an attempt to keep the business open as the prodution of hand sanitizer is probably considered "essential."

"Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read."
Groucho Marx
Trusted Contributor

@PINKdogWOOD  Although I have been told that in Illinois liquor stores are open as an essential business so I would think that a distillary would be able to stay open too as a provider. It would be interesting to see how thye change over from the production of liquor to the production of hand sanitizer. I guess they have a lot of alcohol already on hand. lol

"Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read."
Groucho Marx
Honored Contributor

Unfortunately I do not recall @abbalulu . There are tons of craft distillaries here too both liquor & beer.

Respected Contributor

A distillery in my State known for its vodka and gin is stepping up to help prevent the coronavirus by making hand sanitizer. They have already made 5000 bottles of sanitizer and is on track to make three times that many within days. The company is giving the smaller bottles to those who need it.

Esteemed Contributor

One of our local breweries was making hand sanitizer last week - getting ready to bottle it and deliver it.