Esteemed Contributor

Re: An observation on the third day of California's reopening

@simplyfriends ....I totally agree with you.  First of all why should anyone care if someone is wearing a mask or not, it's their choice and it isn't hurting anyone..  If it's a matter of being safe, I'd rather be safe than sorry and wear a mask.   Woman Happy

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam
Trusted Contributor

As soon as the mask mandate was lifted from my state, I stopped wearing a mask.  If I go somewhere now that still requires a mask, I just don't go in.  The only place I will wear a mask is a doctor's office (and only if they require one).

Honored Contributor

Some people, like me, have suppressed immune systems from medication so wearing a mask is a good idea.  I never thought about it before but when it is flu and Covid season a mask is a good thing for me to wear shopping.   So many people cough and do not cover their mouths.

kindness is strength
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Drythe wrote:

@KKJ wrote:

@CrazyDaisy wrote:

After more than a year posters are still: chastising others, playing the victim, pretending their actions make them better than the rest, etc......   

Yep, yet another Covid thread that's gone south and posters putting down others who disagree with them and their views. 

@KKJ 

@CrazyDaisy 

Yes, the chastising, playing victim, pretending their actions make them better than the rest, putting down others who disagree -

ping pongs back and forth between anit vaxxers, anti maskers, and those who are vaccinated, and wear masks so quickly, hard to keep up isn’t it?

Have yet to see any post here against a person who chooses to wear a mask or get the vaccine.  Wish I could say the same about those on the other side of the issues.  But then maybe you spend much more time here than I do.

Someday, when scientists discover the center of the Universe....some people will be disappointed it is not them.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@CrazyDaisy wrote:

Have yet to see any post here against a person who chooses to wear a mask or get the vaccine.  Wish I could say the same about those on the other side of the issues.  But then maybe you spend much more time here than I do.

@CrazyDaisy 

Really?  Negativity against mask wearers and those who have chosen to be vaccinated, are here, in abundance, as you 

well know.  Denial does not change that.

My time is not your concern.  

No view on how much time you spend here - don’t spend my time worrying about others activities.

But, you do seem readily available to respond to my posts

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Honored Contributor

@hopi wrote:

@Alexa6352 wrote:

@Porcelain  It's been proven that ASYMPTOMATIC People are not spreading the virus. That was BS telling people they were spreading it and not knowing you were,to get you to wear a Mask,knowing that Masks don't do anything.BUT you who are vaxed,because the Vax will lessen your symptoms,might not know you are sick and you will spread it,that is a FACT..If you look at the NY Yankees team all fully vaxed and yet 9 people came up Positive and 2 of hem came down with Covid one was so sick he needed to be hopitalized with not only covid but developed a blood disorder. So, being fully vaxed and looking at people who are not as someone who you should fear..that is so wrong.

That statment is BS

@hopi 

Agree, additionally, it contains not even a shred of logic, but has plenty of errors.

Intentionally Spreading such mis-information is so wrong.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Super Contributor

@suzyQ3 Isn't it a great feeling to be able to choose if we want to wear a mask or not.  My state had never mandated masks, but my local city did.  We were the last city in our state to remove the mask, only about 3 weeks ago.  I abide with business wishes, so I carry a mask in my purse, but as of this week, no one has the signs up anymore.  I have not recently visited Kohls, they were so very rigid in their rules, included one door to enter and one door to exit throughout this whole pandemic (and as of a few weeks ago were still limiting people entering the store because of capacity rules).  I appreciate the ability to choose, and I don't stare at anyone if they do or don't wear a mask - it's their choice which is great.

Trusted Contributor

I am a newly minted member of the unmasked.   

Our vaccines don't prevent illness but give us a less severe form. 

Natural herd immunity this way before we enter the unknown this fall and winter?  

Maybe. 

Honored Contributor

in and around the baltimore area AND at the delmarva beaches, i am estimating that about 80% are not wearing a mask, 20% are still wearing masks. most places are NOT requiring masks, but i am keeping masks in my purse and in my car for those few places that still have a "mask required" sign on the door.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Alexa6352 wrote:

@Porcelain  It's been proven that ASYMPTOMATIC People are not spreading the virus. That was BS telling people they were spreading it and not knowing you were,to get you to wear a Mask,knowing that Masks don't do anything.BUT you who are vaxed,because the Vax will lessen your symptoms,might not know you are sick and you will spread it,that is a FACT..If you look at the NY Yankees team all fully vaxed and yet 9 people came up Positive and 2 of hem came down with Covid one was so sick he needed to be hopitalized with not only covid but developed a blood disorder. So, being fully vaxed and looking at people who are not as someone who you should fear..that is so wrong.

@Alexa6352 @This is untrue. Asymptomatic persons have been shown to spread the virus. It is also true that you can get COVID if vaccinated and if you are vaccinated and get COVID you can also spread the virus. In both of these instances, persons might not realize they have become infected and they can pass the virus on to others.