Trusted Contributor

Re: An observation on the third day of California's reopening

@Alexa6352   I'm not understanding what gave you the impression that I thought I was immune from covid just because I'm vaxed.  I did not say that.  I know that anyone, vaxed or unvaxed, could unknowingly still carry and spread the virus.  That is why I will continue to wear a mask in certain situations and around certain people, especially this particular coworker.  I will continue to do what I can to minimize the risk of getting covid and passing it on to someone else, most notably my granddaughter.

Valued Contributor

Simply friends, we know who is wearing a mask alone while driving. We chatted about mask they shrug their shoulder when I asked why are you still wearing one you're Fully vaccinated, don't work and rarely go out.
So you mind your own business!!!!!!
Honored Contributor

@Alexa6352 None of what you say has been proven. And I already know your biases about the topic of Covid, and I don't share them. I have my own biases that are pretty much the opposite of yours.

You don't believe in the validity of traditional mainstream statistics or health recommendations, such as those from the CDC. So we have no common statistics or proof of anything to discuss here. Sorry.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Valued Contributor

@LdyBugz  Did you read any of the e-mails of Dr Fauci and then the numerous studies that the masks that we all are wearing do nothing ....If you feel better wearing one fine.BUT that's all it's doing is making you feel safe. If you actually thought about it.look at all the different masks people are wearing..NONE are approved by anyone..They are just making anyone who's wearing it feel protected or that they are protecting others when there is no Science behind it all.  

Esteemed Contributor

@Alexa6352 wrote:

@Porcelain  It's been proven that ASYMPTOMATIC People are not spreading the virus. That was BS telling people they were spreading it and not knowing you were,to get you to wear a Mask,knowing that Masks don't do anything.BUT you who are vaxed,because the Vax will lessen your symptoms,might not know you are sick and you will spread it,that is a FACT..If you look at the NY Yankees team all fully vaxed and yet 9 people came up Positive and 2 of hem came down with Covid one was so sick he needed to be hopitalized with not only covid but developed a blood disorder. So, being fully vaxed and looking at people who are not as someone who you should fear..that is so wrong.

That statment is BS

Trusted Contributor

Re: An observation on the third day of California's reopening (edited to fix typo)

[ Edited ]

@Alexa6352I have read various articles and try to educate myself the best that I can.  How does anyone really know for sure what is accurate?  I do not believe that anything is completely foolproof, such as masks or using hand sanitizer.  But I do believe that wearing the right kind of mask reduces the risk of catching and spreading the virus.  It also makes me feel safer so I will continue to do what's right for me.  We may not all agree on what each other decides, but no one should be chastised for their decision.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Grand Happy wrote:
Simply friends, we know who is wearing a mask alone while driving. We chatted about mask they shrug their shoulder when I asked why are you still wearing one you're Fully vaccinated, don't work and rarely go out.
So you mind your own business!!!!!!

What does this mean, @Grand Happy ?

When I was wearing a mask to do errands, I often left it on going from one place to the other. It was just easier for me.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Esteemed Contributor

After more than a year posters are still: chastising others, playing the victim, pretending their actions make them better than the rest, etc......   

Someday, when scientists discover the center of the Universe....some people will be disappointed it is not them.
Valued Contributor

Suzy Q it's best in my opinion and advice from medical professional to not wear one when you don't need to. Breath the clean air. I know so many that have gotten sick from wearing them. This of course was before the mask mandate was lifted.
Watch the video of blue paint experiment, it'll will lighten you about wearing a mask 😉
Super Contributor

We had our mask mandate lifted a month ago, we have zero community spread in my county, and I STILL see vaccinated people wearing masks. I'm not complaining about it, but I am surprised. I haven't worn a mask anywhere except for the doctor's office in weeks.