Honored Contributor

Re: An observation on the third day of California's reopening

In NYC - there have been some changes recently.  My first few times out felt a bit unusual - but it was great to be free of fogged eyeglasses.

I went to the supermarket on Tuesday - sign on door said you're "welcome to shop w/o a mask" if you have had both vaxx shots.

Church went maskless about 3 weekends ago - with a section set aside for those who haven't had both vaxx shots, or don't feel comfortable maskless.  Not many people sitting there.

The deli around the corner still had "mask required" sign on door on Wednesday when I stopped in (for pizza).

Gourmet grocery store, Walgreens, Ace Hardware, wine shop, still have mask signs.

I keep a few in a ziploc bag my belt bag and my handbag.  

Our apt. building went resident mask free about two weeks ago.  There a few people who decided to keep wearing them - but most don't wear one.  BUT - all the people who work in maintenance and other staff - are stll wearing masks.  I had someone in to fix the smoke alarm - he was masked.

Super Contributor

My husband and I still wear a mask when we go out. We are fully vaccined but the majority of people  still wear face coverings. Yes I am looking forward to when we won't be wearing masks anymore.

Trusted Contributor

Our " littles" still aren't vaxed-I feel badly for them so stay masked in solidarity.

Honored Contributor

I should have mentioned that my state overall is doing very well in terms of declining numbers and very good vac rates.  There are some areas, particularly rural ones, that are not doing as well.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

As soon as the Governor's orders expired the mask signs came down.  If there was still a mask sign I would comply, but by golly that's the whole reason I got that vaccine, so Ima gonna act like it.  

Honored Contributor

I think a lot of people still aren't sure if they're required or not.  Private businesses can still require them.  

if I don't know, I just put one on as I'm leaving my car.  

Esteemed Contributor

I find the whole mask mentality fascinating.

In the beginning, we were like, "No! I don't wanna wear a mask!!!! (And some never did, granted)"

Now, we are so used to wearing them, that we are now like, " No! I don't wanna take it off!!! "

Yes, I know that there might be extenuating circumstances as to why that might be, (to protect small children, health reasons, etc). But, by and large, for the most part, it's like masks have become a security blanket that we don't want to give up.

Just something that I find interesting, that's all.

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Valued Contributor

Only place I found so far here in California still require a mask is any medical facility.
It's so weird to go say into Target where it's wear at your own risk that I'm the only one not wearing one LOL
I know so many that have gotten so sick from wearing them!!
Still see the odd ball wearing one alone in their car 🤦🏼‍♀️
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I've only been to one store (grocery) since the reopening, and there was no change.  Everyone still wearing masks.  I'm fully vaccinated, but I am ok with still wearing one.  The only place I've been without a mask is with dinners/lunches with friends.  

ETA:  Plus, I'm a little unclear on the rules, so I err on the side of being masked for now.

Honored Contributor

I am fully vaccinated also and still wearing a mask.  This is not over........