Respected Contributor

An article on QVC, front page of NYTimes online!

It's titled "QVC: Quarantine, Value, Convenience: TV shopping remains an essential service."

"It was not possible, on Monday, to send a child to school in Pennsylvania or for the Department of Transportation to perform any but the most urgent bridge repairs. But bookkeepers, slaughterhouses, steel mills and QVC stayed open."

It's an interesting read, lots from Kerstin Lindquist. Nice to see something familiar that's not about the death of anything but my budget.

Regular Contributor

Re: An article on QVC, front page of NYTimes online!

I don't see anything wrong with them being open. It's not like anyone can go there to shop.  Many people find them

better to watch than the news.   

Honored Contributor

@noodleann wrote:

'But bookkeepers, slaughterhouses, steel mills and QVC stayed open."

Nice to see something familiar that's not about the death of anything but my budget.

Uh....who's gonna tell her?

Respected Contributor

QVC should probably suspend programming. It requires a lot of people congregating to make the live show run.

If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor. ~ Desmond Tutu
Trusted Contributor

David Venible addressed that very thing last night.  I for one am glad they have live programming.  He did say normally there are like 30 people making the production happen.  Last night including him there were 6.

Dan Hughes reported on Facebook, they continue to have meetings every day, the powers that be about the situation.

I am guessing that anyone who didn't feel comfortable could opt not to be there but that is purely a guess on my part.  I am concerned about them all especially Dan who has had health issues in the past. For as long as he has been there I am guessing if he did not feel comfortable with going to work, they would be okay with it.  

Esteemed Contributor

I'm just glad they continue to responsibly air live programming, and even happier the forums are still here for us to enjoy.❤😊

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

Respected Contributor

@sidsmom wrote:

@noodleann wrote:

'But bookkeepers, slaughterhouses, steel mills and QVC stayed open."

Nice to see something familiar that's not about the death of anything but my budget.

Uh....who's gonna tell her?

Oh, I see. I'm thinking of people, obviously.

Respected Contributor

Good grief LIGHTEN UP

Honored Contributor

Interesting that six people can pull off a live tv presentation. Cost savings too.

Honored Contributor

@SandySparkles wrote:

I'm just glad they continue to responsibly air live programming, and even happier the forums are still here for us to enjoy.❤😊

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

@SandySparkles - ITA! I'm sure they know what they're doing and I trust them! Smiley Happy