Honored Contributor

An arctic cold blast is on it's way...ALREADY!

[ Edited ]

I just looked at our extended 10 day forecast. The evening of the 8th we'll be getting 3-5" of snow and the temps on Nov 9th will be 30/17 for the high/low.

That is January weather for us here in eastern Nebraska... holy-cow-smiley.gif

Honored Contributor

Re: An arctic cold blast is on it's way...ALREADY!

Tell you! Here in Florida early morning it's cold! There is no way possible living back home in the (((Adirondacks))) no way, seriously get cold here. 

Honored Contributor

BRRR!

And we will get it several days after you. I saw that the lows next week are in the 30s.

We have have lots of wind today and chilly temperatures. 

We got back from a vacation in South Carolina last week. The temperatures were in the 70 - 80.  I am still washing and putting away summer clothes. And had to dig out winter clothes for this cold weather. 

Stay warm.

Respected Contributor

The forecasted high in the Tampa area today was 77 degrees. The on-screen graphic of the local NBC affiliate said "crisp fall air". I just about spit my coffee out. Was it cool enough for me to put a sweatshirt on for a couple of hours this morning, yes. Cold? No. 63 degrees isn't cold. 

~The more someone needs to brag about how wonderful, special, successful, wealthy or important they are, the greater the likelihood that it isn't true. ~

Honored Contributor

Meanwhile, outside of Baltimore, we're looking at the 60's all week. 

Respected Contributor

The colder the better for me!  I'm in CT.  We have visited both FL and NC in February and I was STILL too hot!  I like the temp to be around 50.  

ETERNITY: your choice... smoking or non smoking!
Trusted Contributor

@Susan Louise  We used to live in eastern Nebraska but now we’re in eastern South Dakota. It’s usually colder here when I compare. I looked up our temperatures for Thursday and it’s 31/15. It’s bound to come eventually!

Honored Contributor

While I'm not looking forward to the cold, it's kinda late getting here for us in AL.

Esteemed Contributor

@Susan Louise  Been watching the forecast, too. Have put my flowerbeds to bed for the winter, but still have several potted mums on the patios. Knew they needed to be brought in by Tuesday or Wednesday night. Not ready for cold, cold and the white stuff. (Although my grandson will love it!)

Stay healthy and safe as the days become shorter, darker and colder. Think I should have left for Cayman Islands for the next five months! Not a fan of cold weather.

Hope you are voting on Tuesday! I've been taking people to register to vote as well as helping people vote early for two or three weeks. Have met so many nice people in the process. 

Money screams; wealth whispers.
Honored Contributor

Here in St. Louis we are at 49 right now.  The next few days it is only supposed to get up in the mid 50s....then on Thursday that blast of cold air is supposed to hit us.  Sure glad I ordered today's TSV.....will be needing it.  Supposed to get down to 30 for several nights.  Thank goodness I have a fantastic Northern Nights down blanket.