Honored Contributor

Wow!  I've received similar notices but thought they were scams!  I hate to think of the potential money I may have gotten. Oh, well, at least I know now. Thanks for posting.  

Honored Contributor

I remember that Bee Alive woman!  Never bought anything of hers.

I was just part of a class actions suit about Ticketmaster overcharges or something.  It finally got settled and now I have a whopping $2.50 credit off a ticketmaster-purchased ticket that must be used by 2020.   Of course this week I bought a ticket from Ticketmaster and the credit didn't show up or I didn't know how to access it (probably the latter).  Sigh!

Honored Contributor

Quick question/do you have to have proof of purchase like a receipt to qualify?

Honored Contributor

Re: An Unexpected Refund

[ Edited ]

@Bonanzajellybean wrote:

@GenXmuse

I can't imagine any company paying out money without physical evidence. Then again, I do not have a Law Degree. If that would be you? I wouldn't be holding my breath when looking through mail.

hnj

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

@hckynutOkay. It just seems very few people would have a hard copy record of what they boughf though I'm sure it could verified with an online receipt or with the companies' records. I'm sure they count on the fact that people won't qualify though. Thanks for your response (letting out my breath now).

Honored Contributor

@Bonanzajellybean wrote:

@GenXmuse  I was contacted out of the blue.  The plaintiffs must have subpoenaed Ticketmaster's records and I was one of the ones who had been overcharged in some way during the appropriate time period. I never did anything in my class action suit.  Ticketmaster had my email address on file and I kept getting emails about the lawsuit's progress and finally its resolution.

Honored Contributor

Oh I should add - same thing for a similar class action suit against AT&T that  I was a part of when I had been overcharged, unbeknownst to me.  They just kept apprising me of the progress of the suit and the final settlement.

Honored Contributor

Re: An Unexpected Refund

[ Edited ]

@Bonanzajellybean wrote:

@hckynut 

Thanks for your response (letting out my breath now).

@GenXmuse

Ahh! Always feels good to exhale. I see your point.

hnj

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

Thank you kindly, @Pearlee

Esteemed Contributor

It's the lawyers that make the BIG BUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!