Honored Contributor

Re: An Affordable Cellphone Plan

@Marp wrote:

@Jordan2,  Tracfone has an unlimited talk and text plan for $20 a month.

@Marp oh, I didn't know that. I just thought buying minutes could get costly, having an unlimited talk plan seems the better route.

Regular Contributor

If I were you I would just stay with Tracfone as previously suggested. I"ve had a Tracfone for years and adding anything is so easy, minutes, texts, and  GB data.. You can add thru your phone or on your desktop or laptop thru the  Tracfone website by just adding your phone number. Service is really affordable more so than any other carrier that I've researched.  Good Luck

Respected Contributor

I know this is a long shot and don't know where you live but if you have xfinity/comcast check their mobile plan out.  IF you have internet thru them , you can get unlimited talk for $15.00 a month.  It's only available to their internet customers but it's the cheapest unlimited plan I've ever seen.  You also get unlimited data and texting included but you don't have to use that ,of course.

Honored Contributor

Consumer Cellular has won awards for exceptional customer service.  I've never used them but even I know they switch you to a different plan if you exceed your minutes.  They say this is to the customer's advantage.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

I've had a really cheap Tracphone for years and just buy a $20 card every 3 months.  Awhile ago I did buy an Iphone - finally - and went through Consumer Cellular. They have many levels of plans you can get.  You can just call them and they will walk you through what you can get.  They have been very nice to deal with so far.  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Esteemed Contributor

Another vote for Consumer Cellular.  I've been with them since they first partnered with AARP.  I've had excellent customer service.   Not to mention super cheap service.  My regular plan is $24 per month -- when I go over, I get bumped up to a higher level for one month ($46).  I have never had to call them to get back to my regular plan.  We travel all over the USA and always have service no matter where we are.  I'm happy.

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Esteemed Contributor

@Jordan2 

Tracfone is the most affordable cell phone carrier and it provides customers with great service. 

If you decide to use a smartphone as your daily driver. I would recommend a Verizon Pre-Paid plan.  When a person uses a Pre-Paid plan you buy an IPhone from Apple and take it to a Verizon store to be activated. 

Most customers buy iPhones direct from Verizon with a promotion and an unlimited data plan. 

VZW sells more IPhones than any carrier. 

Respected Contributor

I don't know your age, but if your over 55 check out T-Mobile.  My DH and I have unlimited everything for a grand total of $60.18 a month for both of us.  Great service and coverage.  

Honored Contributor

We are seniors, have Consumer Cellular, perfect for us, very reasonable, and great plans. 

Honored Contributor

@fthunt wrote:

I don't have any mentioned but did read several negative postings here about Consumer Cellular - about their customer service.

You might try searching the web for Reviews.

@fthunt 

I’ll add mine here. Consumer Cellular has horrible customer service! I found that out quickly and jumped ship ASAP!

I only recommended no contract plans. I can recommend WalMart’s Straight Talk. I used them for years. Good CS but you’re unlikely to ever need it.