Honored Contributor

Re: Amy Stran's High Pressure Sales Pitch

@Daisy Sunflower wrote:

When vendors described handbags, they sometimes said -- "We gave you a pocket on the outside."

As if we're really going to think they're giving us a pocket -- and it's free...lol. It sounds ridiculous.

A pocket? They're giving us A POCKET?? OMGosh they are spoiling us! lol

What next, a zipper?

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Super Contributor

I took as she felt sorry for her friend, Lori, cause it wasn't selling.    But it was a definite turn off.   Not going to be bailing out someone whose clothing lined has been pushed so hard and millions made on sub par quality n it's about time she actually put ,only onto making something! 

Esteemed Contributor

I find them all pushy and over the top.  I tune in, tune out quickly.  I get better  deals  elsewhere IF I REALLY NEED THE PRODUCT which I don't.  I  don't care if it sells out or never comes back again or whatever they throw at us.  Buying at Amazon I get free shipping and I can return without problems at Kohls.  Zulily which is part of QVC has a shopping cart approach for sales... one shippping charge for the day or weekend. 

Honored Contributor

I have to laugh when they say, we've been begging for them to bring something back and it's the same thing that never went away in the first place!

Honored Contributor

I heard that too and just laughed and....turned the channel----that girl drives me nuts anyway and sorry--but I wouldn't spend 1 cent on any Logo stuff!!! 

Respected Contributor

Ya it's all sales talk to my ears....they do what works to make sales!  I just try to not get caught up in the hype and order something I really don't NEED.  

Esteemed Contributor

who resurrected this post from over a month ago?   Not. Much going on in your life to let something so silly bother you.

Respected Contributor

@Teddixat  Wow, pretty harsh and judgmental. Who cares who "resurrected" a thread?  This is a discussion board. There are many topics that may not be interesting to others. You may have post some as well.  Are you the board police?

Trusted Contributor

@KKJ wrote:

@Teddixat  Wow, pretty harsh and judgmental. Who cares who "resurrected" a thread?  This is a discussion board. There are many topics that may not be interesting to others. You may have post some as well.  Are you the board police?

GREAT response!!!!

Regular Contributor

@Porcelain wrote:

@Daisy Sunflower wrote:

When vendors described handbags, they sometimes said -- "We gave you a pocket on the outside."

As if we're really going to think they're giving us a pocket -- and it's free...lol. It sounds ridiculous.

A pocket? They're giving us A POCKET?? OMGosh they are spoiling us! lol

What next, a zipper?

I hate that "we're giving you" whatever it is they're hyping....you're not giving us anything, we're paying for it!!