Honored Contributor

Re: Amy Stran's High Pressure Sales Pitch

@Chi-town girl wrote:

@dmeasy wrote:

I was switching channels about 7 p.m. last night and she was presenting a LOGO sweater for the second time.  She got very serious and said Lori spent  a lot of money to make this sweater for you and there is no reorder on it.,  I thought that was not like her and I didn't appreciate the high-pressure tactic.  I think she was trying to justify the high price of the sweater.  I switched channels after that.  If this is going to be their tactics for sales in the future I will not be watching.  QCV's prices are out of sight foir the quality of the garments.

@dmeasy - I think it would be wise for you to cut back on your Q watching if you think this is hard core sales and it's so upsetting to you. 

Pricing for basic essentials has increased significantly. That's something to be concerned about, not a LOGO top.

Get a grip

Says the person who lost it over a brand of dishes 🙄

Respected Contributor

@Jacie wrote:

I save myself by not watching her. IMHO she really needs a voice coach.

I agree and she's not the only one!

Honored Contributor

@fairydogmother wrote:

Here's my take. Criticizing the salesperson(host)  for doing their job seems silly to me. Expand that to other areas: do you complain about your doctor for being too nosy about your health? B*tch about the hairdresser for always touching your hair? Are you appalled that your mortgage lender has the nerve to ask about your income? People doing their jobs. 

Find something worthwhile to get worked up about. 

@fairydogmother - mic drop,,,

Micdrop GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

@

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Honored Contributor

@Chi-town girl wrote:

@depglass wrote:

I call these so-called outrageous prices false retails.  They have been instituted to allow plenty of cushion for various types of promotions to move merchandise.  What buyers are judged on is the net amount of profit after all of one lot number or SKU is sold.  

Can someone please explain? This is gibberish 🤪

What is a False Retails? 

And someone or something 'institutes' companies to allow for promotions? 

And how are buyers judged? And by whom? Judge Judy???

This entire post makes no sense from a lay person or business perspective 🤨

Anyone???

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Respected Contributor

@Chi-town girl  I'm not sure what the post means that you asked about. However, when I was a Buyer, our bosses/executives reviewed the net profit on the items that we purchased or developed. The expectation was to purchase/ manufacture at the lowest cost and sell at the highest price the market would pay. Promotions were built into pricing. If I purchased seasonal merchandise with a 4x markup, it could go on sale at a 2x markup and still make a profit.

But as I said, I'm not sure this is what the post was saying.

Respected Contributor

In general, I think some sales tactics are just silly.

@Porcelain  have you heard the sales tactic, "Ladies, you've asked us for this. We made this for you,"?  I've never asked anyone to make anything for me. It's just laughable sometimes.

Respected Contributor

@Desert Lily wrote:

@Chi-town girl  I'm not sure what the post means that you asked about. However, when I was a Buyer, our bosses/executives reviewed the net profit on the items that we purchased or developed. The expectation was to purchase/ manufacture at the lowest cost and sell at the highest price the market would pay. Promotions were built into pricing. If I purchased seasonal merchandise with a 4x markup, it could go on sale at a 2x markup and still make a profit.

But as I said, I'm not sure this is what the post was saying.

Interesting @Desert Lily thank you. 

I was not sure either what the other post was saying.

Esteemed Contributor

This is why I don't watch anymore.  If I need or want  something to wear I find another source.  

Esteemed Contributor

When vendors described handbags, they sometimes said -- "We gave you a pocket on the outside."

As if we're really going to think they're giving us a pocket -- and it's free...lol. It sounds ridiculous.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Daisy Sunflower "When vendors described handbags, they sometimes said -- "We gave you a pocket on the outside."

It goes along the same lines as a host or vendor saying "We got a lot of requests from our customers and we are giving them what they want." or "We listened to our clientele and we created this product just for them."